lizloe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i feel like this kind of situation has happened before quite a few times..
I am doing GCSE's. And i aspire to apply for Oxford in 2 years.
I have heard from many people and from the Oxford website it self that GCSE's are taken into consideration by universities.
At the moment, I am being predicted 4A*s, 3As and 1 B.
Of course, I'm here panicking about that one B.
And i don't really know what to do, because due to COVID these are teacher assessed grades. I just don't know if I'll be able to get than B to an A.
Any feedback?
humbledoors
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oxford uses gcses to invite people to oxford using a contextualised gcse score. this means that if your gcses are good in comparison to your school, you will most likely be offered an interview. one B shouldn't make too much difference but you will want to make sure you get really high predicted grades in year 12! however there's no point fretting it's out of your control. maybe ask your teacher what you could do to bring the grade up. best of luck
Student100020
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lizloe)
So i feel like this kind of situation has happened before quite a few times..
I am doing GCSE's. And i aspire to apply for Oxford in 2 years.
I have heard from many people and from the Oxford website it self that GCSE's are taken into consideration by universities.
At the moment, I am being predicted 4A*s, 3As and 1 B.
Of course, I'm here panicking about that one B.
And i don't really know what to do, because due to COVID these are teacher assessed grades. I just don't know if I'll be able to get than B to an A.
Any feedback?
They dont give you offers based on gcse results infact they like cambridge say they look at gcses in context.
lizloe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student100020)
They dont give you offers based on gcse results infact they like cambridge say they look at gcses in context.
in context?
lizloe
Rep:
?
(Original post by humbledoors)
oxford uses gcses to invite people to oxford using a contextualised gcse score. this means that if your gcses are good in comparison to your school, you will most likely be offered an interview. one B shouldn't make too much difference but you will want to make sure you get really high predicted grades in year 12! however there's no point fretting it's out of your control. maybe ask your teacher what you could do to bring the grade up. best of luck
Thank you, i'll make sure to do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.7%
Virtual campus tours/open days (114)
23.36%
Live streaming events (44)
9.02%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (47)
9.63%
A uni comparison tool (111)
22.75%
An in-person event when available (110)
22.54%