siddhi gujar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hello, currently I am in first-year architecture. and just completed my 1st sem. and to be honest, the arch was never my choice. I am not passionate about it. but my parents wanted me to study arch. and now I feel even after getting a degree I will just be the average.

but I am really interested in psychology. is it advisable to change the course now? and I don't even know about the field properly. is it worth it to leave arch for psychology?
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by siddhi gujar)
hello, currently I am in first-year architecture. and just completed my 1st sem. and to be honest, the arch was never my choice. I am not passionate about it. but my parents wanted me to study arch. and now I feel even after getting a degree I will just be the average.

but I am really interested in psychology. is it advisable to change the course now? and I don't even know about the field properly. is it worth it to leave arch for psychology?
Hi there!

I am a big advocate for doing what you're passionate about, so my instinct would be absolutely, change! But, I would suggest researching the field first, as it is vast. Look into different job roles, such as clinical psychologists, researchers, tutors, psychotherapists (not the same field, really, but a lot of people confuse these), forensic psychologists, etc. Consider what you like about the field and what kind of roles you think you might be interested in. Look at salaries and job opportunities. I will say that most roles in the field of psychology are extremely competitive, and all roles require a decent amount of postgraduate training. There are free online psychology short courses that may be worth looking at, too, such as through OpenLearn and Alison Courses - they might give you an idea of what a psychology degree will include.

Hope this helps a little!

Loren
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (489)
51.97%
No (452)
48.03%

Watched Threads