URGENT QUESTION Regarding Anticipated Conditional Offer Percentage

Watch
ARJUNS0LANKI
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am currently studying in class 12 India. I plan to apply for BSc Economics. I have 95.2 percent in class 10 and 96.6(predicted class 12). How likely do you think I am to get an offer from LSE and KCL. Also, what do you think would be the required class 12 percentage as per the conditional offer if I get one?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ARJUNS0LANKI)
Hi, I am currently studying in class 12 India. I plan to apply for BSc Economics. I have 95.2 percent in class 10 and 96.6(predicted class 12). How likely do you think I am to get an offer from LSE and KCL. Also, what do you think would be the required class 12 percentage as per the conditional offer if I get one?
Impossible to say how likely they are to make you an offer as it depends on other aspects of your application such as your personal statement.

LSE's general entry requirements for applicants with Indian quals are here:
https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/i...ry-pages/india

Not specific to Econ but "A*AA = An overall average of 90% or above, with 3 subjects at 95% or above and 2 subjects at 90% or above"

KCL likely to be similar.
ARJUNS0LANKI
Rep:
?
More views on this? Anyone.
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
More views on this? Anyone.
Why do you need views? You have the link to the LSE answer.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would note that if you want to confirm the specific Econ offer for Class XII applicants for either uni you can just ring them up and ask them.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The KCL offer looks to be "Indian High School Leaving Certificate (from CBSE and CISCE boards only) from Standard XII with 90% overall" + 85% in Maths.

It's stated on the Econ course page:

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra.../economics-bsc
Legiterspams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I’m from India too and applied for the same. It seems you have the right marks to get admitted so that’s not a problem. The only thing that matters is your personal statement as I’ve seen Oxbridge offer holders rejected by LSE. Considering your cbse 10th and predicted, you have high chance. Also I would suggest you include Warwick and UCL and remove KCL as kings econ dept is fairly new and it’s subject ranking is not high and also it’s £28k compared to £22k for us.
ARJUNS0LANKI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Legiterspams)
Hey I’m from India too and applied for the same. It seems you have the right marks to get admitted so that’s not a problem. The only thing that matters is your personal statement as I’ve seen Oxbridge offer holders rejected by LSE. Considering your cbse 10th and predicted, you have high chance. Also I would suggest you include Warwick and UCL and remove KCL as kings econ dept is fairly new and it’s subject ranking is not high and also it’s £28k compared to £22k for us.
I have included UCL as well. I added KCL because of the prestige- even though the department is new, it doesn't mean it's not good.
ARJUNS0LANKI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
The KCL offer looks to be "Indian High School Leaving Certificate (from CBSE and CISCE boards only) from Standard XII with 90% overall" + 85% in Maths.

It's stated on the Econ course page:

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra.../economics-bsc
These are the minimum requirements. I think the colleges give conditional offers with higher percentages than these.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
These are the minimum requirements. I think the colleges give conditional offers with higher percentages than these.
Call them up to check if that is the case. The offers given to other candidates could be affected by many factors and may not reflect an offer that you might receive.

Academically you are a strong candidate so I am not sure why you are second guessing the outcome. You should just apply, you have three more choices for less competitive options.
ARJUNS0LANKI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Call them up to check if that is the case. The offers given to other candidates could be affected by many factors and may not reflect an offer that you might receive.

Academically you are a strong candidate so I am not sure why you are second guessing the outcome. You should just apply, you have three more choices for less competitive options.
Hoping for the best. Other three choices are UCL, QMUL, and Nottingham.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hoping for the best. Other three choices are UCL, QMUL, and Nottingham.
Best of luck, your grades are good so you are halfway there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.14%
No (236)
48.86%

Watched Threads