The Student Room Group

Is it bad to tell my placement school I have anxiety?

My university have a system that they can forward this to my placement school. Shall I let them know? I’m scared. What if it gets judged
Original post by SS123456
My university have a system that they can forward this to my placement school. Shall I let them know? I’m scared. What if it gets judged

If you feel comfortable talking to your class teacher, then I would let them know as they will be able to support you more with your placement. You shouldn't get judged as it is very common and, as a school, they would understand as their students probably have problems too and they are empathetic with them. You will feel much better after letting them know as it will be a weight off your shoulders and if there is a time when you need space out of the class then they will understand straight away. You could just tell your class teacher and then the whole school won't have to know as it will be more private. Obviously it is totally up to you, but I was in a similar situation last year on placement and I felt much better after sharing with my teacher as they understood when I needed time out of the class.

I hope I have helped.
Verity :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending