Please help - medical malpractice law help

Watch
Daniel19761
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
#1
Im really confused as to whether the gp would be negligent - law question
medical law

Lindsay visited her local General Practitioner (GP), Dr Arnott, complaining of abdominal pain. Lindsay is diagnosed with indigestion, prescribed with a laxative and is sent home. Lindsay subsequently moves from the local area four months later and registers with another GP. Her abdominal pains have persisted since her original diagnosis of indigestion; in response, she decides to visit her new GP, Dr Fleming. Dr Fleming refers Lindsay to a specialist hospital for further examination. Staff at the specialist hospital diagnose Lindsay as having ovarian cancer and begin treatment immediately. Her chances of recovery are estimated by experts at the hospital to be 45%; they reasoned that had the cancer been discovered four months earlier, Lindsay’s chances of recovery would be 55%. '


law
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.86%
Okay (106)
29.04%
A bit lacking (135)
36.99%
Not good at all (88)
24.11%

Watched Threads

View All