International student that can't figure out Oxford Funding. Help...

Watch
RaymondB21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a 21 year old Arab guy from Israel that is about to finish his last year of an English Bachelor's. I want to pursue a Masters/PhD in this field in the UK. I have been looking into Oxford, and the main issue that keeps coming up is Funding. The price is incredibly high, and almost every person I asked said it's very hard to attain.

Does anyone have any tips for where to look/who to ask regarding this dilemma? Is it truly impossible?

And one final question, if I hypothetically am able to pay the tuition for a Masters, is finding a scholarship for a PhD just as impossible?

I'd appreciate any help I can get, thank you!
meghana.geetha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello! I may not be of much help but, as an offer-holding undergraduate candidate from Oxford I can answer to the best of my knowledge. As an international student from India, I understand what you're going through. The information on scholarships is available on the website under Finances or Bursaries. I found out that I was eligible for 2.
To my extent of understanding, you can only apply for a scholarship after you receive an offer. You could always email the staff at Oxford. They seem extremely friendly. Good luck with your process! : )
RaymondB21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by meghana.geetha)
Hello! I may not be of much help but, as an offer-holding undergraduate candidate from Oxford I can answer to the best of my knowledge. As an international student from India, I understand what you're going through. The information on scholarships is available on the website under Finances or Bursaries. I found out that I was eligible for 2.
To my extent of understanding, you can only apply for a scholarship after you receive an offer. You could always email the staff at Oxford. They seem extremely friendly. Good luck with your process! : )
Thank you!
Are you going to apply for Scholarships yourself?
meghana.geetha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I will be!
mishieru07
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RaymondB21)
I'm a 21 year old Arab guy from Israel that is about to finish his last year of an English Bachelor's. I want to pursue a Masters/PhD in this field in the UK. I have been looking into Oxford, and the main issue that keeps coming up is Funding. The price is incredibly high, and almost every person I asked said it's very hard to attain.

Does anyone have any tips for where to look/who to ask regarding this dilemma? Is it truly impossible?

And one final question, if I hypothetically am able to pay the tuition for a Masters, is finding a scholarship for a PhD just as impossible?

I'd appreciate any help I can get, thank you!
It's not impossible to get funding for a Masters/ DPhil, but unfortunately it tends to be extremely competitive given the high caliber of applicants/ students. I know of someone who got funding to do her English Masters and DPhil, but if memory serves me right, she was top of her class in her year for Oxford's BA English and won a bunch of academic prizes.

You can check https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/grad...-search/search for Oxford-specific funding. You should also look into any national/ regional scholarships for postgraduate study that you might be eligible for - it might be worth talking to your university in case they have any information in this regard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (112)
23.28%
Live streaming events (44)
9.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.66%
An in-person event when available (108)
22.45%