How do you find the minimum sample size needed to conduct a two tailed test

Watch
anonymouspersona
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
The question is:
The January is a species of big cat native to South America. Records show 6% of Jaguars are born with black coats. Jaguars with black coats are known as black panthers. Due to deforestation a population of Jaguars has become isolated in part of the Amazon basin. Researchers believe that the percentage of black panthers may not be 6% in this population.

Find the minimum sample size needed to conduct a two tailed test to determine whether there is an evidence at the 5% significant level to suggest that the percentage of black panthers is not 6%.

The next part I’m not sure what the alternative hypothesis is.
“Researcher find 70 possible sites for monitoring. 30 of the sites are randomly selected. 83 Jaguars are films. 10/83 are black conduct a test to provide evidence at 5% significance to suggest that the percentage of black panthers Olin the population is not 6%”
Last edited by anonymouspersona; 4 months ago
DynamoAlchemyst
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
bump
John Igbodipe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I only saw your post now I don’t know if this will be of help but it’s a really short playlist on Hypothesis testing and should go over exam questions like this one you posted the link is here:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...zHFq4fZTrcXh0j
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
26.78%
England (100)
33.9%
Belgium (26)
8.81%
Germany (37)
12.54%
Spain (5)
1.69%