vkdvnova
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys,
I applied to all my universities through UCAS way before Christmas and I have heard back from four. The last one that has not replied yet is, annoyingly, the one I actually want to go to. Is it a bad sign that they haven't responded yet?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Many Unis do not make the bulk of their offers until after the January deadline, and will not make final offers until April.

So, no need to worry at all. You haven't been rejected so you are still definitely in with a chance of an offer.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure how it's a late response from the university, when they haven't even passed the deadline.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a "late" response from a university is after the 31 March. That's the date that universities aim to have made decisions by (they have until May - many universities will keep borderline applications back to decide in April when they have some indications of acceptance rates, if this is the case then they will normally let you know that you'll be waiting until April for a decision).

If you haven't heard *anything* from a university by then then it's worth contacting them to make sure there's no problem with your application (and that you haven't missed any emails or messages).
cchloepx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, because it’s not a late response. I get it can be frustrating (I’m an impatient person myself lol) but a late response would be from after March 31st

Many unis don’t give out offers until after the UCAS application deadline. I have offers from Leeds and Kent, but I haven’t had any from Glasgow, Edinburgh, or St Andrews because they aren’t giving out offers until after the deadline (which now that it’s been moved won’t be until after January I don’t think :/)
vkdvnova
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Alright thanks for your help. I wasn't sure what was late or not hence why I asked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads