SiennaEveKelly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently a year 12 student, I’m struggling to revise as working from home is causing most of my time to be taken up by set work. I know that I need to start revision now but does anti have any ideas or hacks that could be useful?
Also, how much did you revise for your A-Levels

josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your set work will be revision. All you need to do is revise for exams and tests
superbo9y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just revise

use microsoft to do list (app from windows store) help tick things off

im yr 12 btw
mstickbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
pls i still haven't started anything, actually lost ahah the only revision i've done is a few hours the day before a test:cool:
SiennaEveKelly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mstickbug)
pls i still haven't started anything, actually lost ahah the only revision i've done is a few hours the day before a test:cool:
That makes me feel so much better, everyone else around me is doing so much, I felt behind
SuttonOG
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What subjects do you do? For AS Maths www.mathsgenie.co.uk go through the videos then do some questions, tick off and when you've done all AS do AS past papers. DO NOT STOP doing past papers often, id say 2 a week. Whenever you have completed the content, you do NOT want to forget the knowledge and have to revisit everything months later, this happens to me whenever I do this. Learning the content of a subject will get you to B level, to get the top marks you need to know mark schemes inside out, especially for sciences. Sciences, Chemistry watch Elliot Rintoul on Youtube, Biology I recommend BiologyCarol.
1. Learn Content.
2. Past Papers on said content.
3. Do not let yourself forget!

Sorry if you dont do any of these subjects, its just I cant help with others.
superbo9y
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SuttonOG)
What subjects do you do? For AS Maths www.mathsgenie.co.uk go through the videos then do some questions, tick off and when you've done all AS do AS past papers. DO NOT STOP doing past papers often, id say 2 a week. Whenever you have completed the content, you do NOT want to forget the knowledge and have to revisit everything months later, this happens to me whenever I do this. Learning the content of a subject will get you to B level, to get the top marks you need to know mark schemes inside out, especially for sciences. Sciences, Chemistry watch Elliot Rintoul on Youtube, Biology I recommend BiologyCarol.
1. Learn Content.

im guessing u do (or did) bio chem maths
SuttonOG
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by superbo9y)
im guessing u do (or did) bio chem maths
how did u know O.o
Animal_03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
havent AS exams been cancelled?
superbo9y
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Deduction
O.o SuttonOG
SuttonOG
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Animal_03)
havent AS exams been cancelled?
Yeah, so have A2 but nobody knows whats happening. For A2 there are still going to be assessments, just not being told if theyre optional or not or how they are being altered. All in all there is ****all to do so might aswell spend it being productive i guess
superbo9y
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
u enjoying that?

big facts btw
superbo9y
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i like how the original question asks for hacks - like we're meant to break into a system for exams that don't exist
SiennaEveKelly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
1. Learn Content.

I do Theatre Studies, History and English Literature
SuttonOG
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SiennaEveKelly)
I do Theatre Studies, History and English Literature
Ahaha, well at least you have it easier, but Im sure history and english literature have a lot of content. The same principles apply, I'm just unaware of any resources to provide for you
superbo9y
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ahaha, well at least you have it easier, but Im sure history and english literature have a lot of content. The same principles apply, I'm just unaware of any resources to provide for you
yeah, some unorthodox options there, i wonder what made SiennaEveKelly pick that unique combination
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (127)
53.14%
No (112)
46.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed