Xxz39
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What makes you decide to pursue medicine and why are you sure that you can handle it?
Flors
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I kinda wanna hear answers from other people for this. I'm definitely interested in other peoples' answers.
deadcrow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
bump
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Xxz39)
What makes you decide to pursue medicine and why are you sure that you can handle it?
(Original post by Flors)
I kinda wanna hear answers from other people for this. I'm definitely interested in other peoples' answers.
(Original post by deadcrow)
bump
As you'd expect this is neither the first nor last time this question was asked (or answered). Plenty of similar threads in this forum (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=684).

Even some answers in the Medicine Interview 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6748260
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Angury
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I went into Medicine because I didn't know what else to do, parents are doctors and I was alright at Science.
I didn't learn anything about a career in Medicine during my work experience but it did look good in my personal statement.

I've handled it quite well so far even though my reasons for going into it weren't exactly the best.
EnglishNOOb101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How did you know medicine was for you?
EnglishNOOb101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How do you know if medicine is for you? I want to do it but at the same time, I don't know if I will be able to handle it.
Yazomi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Work experience maybe - see if you can imagine yourself doing it
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do some work experience first. Make a list of your life skills as well. When you manage to basically save a little sick baby's life on the busy hectic PICU floor of a world renowned children's American hospital.. well that is a big moment to never really hide either. Most parents will be left speechless and overwhelmed by your nonstop dedication and effort to pull their child back from the ugly claws of death back to life again.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Do some work experience first. Make a list of your life skills as well. When you manage to basically save a little sick baby's life on the busy hectic PICU floor of a world renowned children's American hospital.. well that is a big moment to never really hide either. Most parents will be left speechless and overwhelmed by your nonstop dedication and effort to pull their child back from the ugly claws of death back to life again.
I never saved any lives while I was on work experience. I must have been a pretty poor applicant
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Democracy)
I never saved any lives while I was on work experience. I must have been a pretty poor applicant
Me neither. I did manage to faint on a nurse though.
EnglishNOOb101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Angury)
I went into Medicine because I didn't know what else to do, parents are doctors and I was alright at Science.
I didn't learn anything about a career in Medicine during my work experience but it did look good in my personal statement.

I've handled it quite well so far even though my reasons for going into it weren't exactly the best.
How far in have u got?
Angury
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EnglishNOOb101)
How far in have u got?
Graduated from medical school four years ago and am now two years into speciality training. :danceboy:

I think very few people in my year knew what medicine actually entailed. Most of us were just lucky enough to not hate it and managed to make a career out of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (112)
23.28%
Live streaming events (44)
9.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.66%
An in-person event when available (108)
22.45%