username5118974
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi, I need to write under each image what is happening in the picture, but I have no clue..?
Could anyone help me out?
Question is below
username5118974
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Name:  Protein.PNG
Views: 14
Size:  239.5 KB
seals2001
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Kakakaty)
What do you know about the stages of protein synthesis ?
username5118974
Rep:
(Original post by seals2001)
What do you know about the stages of protein synthesis ?
Sorry for the late reply, I know that protein synthesis is the process where cells make proteins and I'm pretty sure it's to do with two stages 'transcription and translation'. I'm pretty sure the first image is something translation related but the rest I am unsure..
username5118974
Rep:
Anyoen able to help?
seals2001
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Sorry for the late reply, I know that protein synthesis is the process where cells make proteins and I'm pretty sure it's to do with two stages 'transcription and translation'. I'm pretty sure the first image is something translation related but the rest I am unsure..
Watch this video if you are a GCSE student
https://youtu.be/ChC_30uF1m8
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
The pictures are a sequence of protein biosynthesis from left above to right below:

1) DNA strand is unpack by the enzyme helicase (left above).
2) An mRNA strand is made by bases which are complementary to DNA bases.
3) The mRNA left the nucleous and the cell.
4) mRNA is integrated as an element in ribosome (right above).
5) An amino acids is leading by a tRNA to the mRNA. tRNA and mRNA begin to connect (left below).
6) Another amino acids are leading to mRNA and are formed to a peptide by the ribosome.
7) Many amino acids are formed to a polypeptide chain.
8) The polypeptide chain is formed to a protein (right below).
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Anyoen able to help?
I was, but obviously not in time. Well, well you should not have your issues to write under the images now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads