Mum won't take responsibility when she screws up

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
She never takes responsibility for her actions, when you bring something up and confront her she just won't take it and gets angry and says she won't let people insult her. I am not insulting her I am calling her out about screwing up. I am fed up with the double standards when I do something wrong I won't stop hearing about it for ages while she is allowed to constantly do things wrong and never apologises or even admit to it.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She never takes responsibility for her actions, when you bring something up and confront her she just won't take it and gets angry and says she won't let people insult her. I am not insulting her I am calling her out about screwing up. I am fed up with the double standards when I do something wrong I won't stop hearing about it for ages while she is allowed to constantly do things wrong and never apologises or even admit to it.
Is your mom Donald Trump?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Vague post.

No examples provided of the apparently bad actions or screw ups, nor specific things said. So no one reading can get a real insight into the issues.

Maybe you are posting just to vent and get it off your chest, so perhaps job done.

Don't think you are doing yourself any favours by presenting yourself as someone who 'confronts' and 'calls her out' which comes across as aggressive while denying that you are coming across as insulting.

How are you surprised at their poor reaction when you freely admit being confrontational and pulling up another person? Doesn't sound too sensitive or diplomatic.

By the way, are you the 22 year old whose mum won't let you cook, criticises your brother for leaving school and refuses to move out of the family home?
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it does sound like double standards. Are their any other relatives or family members you can talk to about your moms behaviour? Maybe try instead of calling her out just asking why they're double standards between you and her.
mstickbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ngl that sounds like me
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you the temper tantrum guy who believes that they narrowly escaped death from fairy liquid?
If so, you need to take responsibility for yourself, move out and grow up.

If not, I apologise.
My extremely generalised advice would be to choose the battles worth fighting and to set boundaries. This will make your relationship better.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My general advice for anyone over 18 or over and doesn't get on with their parents is to move out.

Become fully independent. Put physical distance between you. Put your energies into activities that make you happy.

When you aren't in the same property, you get to control the frequency, duration and type of communication - meet up for coffee, occasional email, brief phone calls. Or no communication with them at all.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Vague post.

No examples provided of the apparently bad actions or screw ups, nor specific things said. So no one reading can get a real insight into the issues.

Maybe you are posting just to vent and get it off your chest, so perhaps job done.

Don't think you are doing yourself any favours by presenting yourself as someone who 'confronts' and 'calls her out' which comes across as aggressive while denying that you are coming across as insulting.

How are you surprised at their poor reaction when you freely admit being confrontational and pulling up another person? Doesn't sound too sensitive or diplomatic.

By the way, are you the 22 year old whose mum won't let you cook, criticises your brother for leaving school and refuses to move out of the family home?
I don't have even have a brother
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by glassalice)
Are you the temper tantrum guy who believes that they narrowly escaped death from fairy liquid?
If so, you need to take responsibility for yourself, move out and grow up.

If not, I apologise.
My extremely generalised advice would be to choose the battles worth fighting and to set boundaries. This will make your relationship better.
That's not me I am not a guy
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah, your OP shared some similarities with the type of threads that a prolific troll has been making recently.
Appologies for the confusion Ma'am.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oh god shes meee
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think a lot of mums can be like that, and a lot of people can hold resentment against them for it when everyone involved could benefit if they try to forgive (even if you don't forget).

Having said this, it's hard to tell much from your post, such as how extreme this is.
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you want advice which is more relevant, you need to give more details.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you want advice which is more relevant, you need to give more details.
creepy guyyy : O 🙀 hun you deserve a nicer avatarr
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't have even have a brother
Thanks for confirming. Apologies for querying.
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
creepy guyyy : O 🙀 hun you deserve a nicer avatarr
I think might actual be attracting trolls! No joke, in the last 2 days I've been harassed by 4 separate accounts.
Glad to hear that you don't find me as creapy as my avatar.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Our mum's have something in common it seems...
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think might actual be attracting trolls! No joke, in the last 2 days I've been harassed by 4 separate accounts.
Glad to hear that you don't find me as creapy as my avatar.
aww
i havent been harassed in like weeksss on here.th guy tht used to send me death threats is prob dead. bet rona got him. go ronaa.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you think your faults and weaknesses could be in these encounters and your reactions?

On reflection, how do you think you would approach it now to achieve a better outcome?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (375)
32.11%
No (793)
67.89%

Watched Threads