nat.esau
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have to write an introduction for this six marker 'To what extent do urban areas in lower income countries (LICs) or newly emerging economies (NEEs) provide social and economic opportunities for people?' how should I write it, what should I mention?
username5450504
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nat.esau)
I have to write an introduction for this six marker 'To what extent do urban areas in lower income countries (LICs) or newly emerging economies (NEEs) provide social and economic opportunities for people?' how should I write it, what should I mention?
Ok so for the intro you generally would just explain the key terms in the question. So for this question, explain what an urban area is, explain/mention what LICs/newly emerging economies are (maybe mention some of their characteristic like rapid levels of industrialisation), and finally mention a few social and economic opportunities. maybe also mention any specific case studies/countries you have looked at for this section.
hope this helps
username5490852
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nat.esau)
The way I look at it, 6 marks is the same as 3 points explained. One mark for stating the point, the second for explaining that point further. The question asks for both social and economic, so ensure you write at least one point for both categories. If you’ve got a case study for this (e.g. Mumbai, India) make sure to get that in somewhere also.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%