how sound proofed are sussex eastslope rooms?

Watch
oklol1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, im on a gap year rn and next year im going to sussex uni and im going to stay in the eastslope ensuite room. I make music and so am curious about how soundproof the rooms are, my friend said apparently because they are new they have soundproofed doors? thanks
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by oklol1234)
hi, im on a gap year rn and next year im going to sussex uni and im going to stay in the eastslope ensuite room. I make music and so am curious about how soundproof the rooms are, my friend said apparently because they are new they have soundproofed doors? thanks
Hello, thank you for your question.

Personally I have not stayed in East Slope accommodation per se, but I have lived in both Northfield and Lewes Court. The newer Northfield flats were especially sound-proof, with very thick doors. Thus, I would presume the same applies to the even more modern East Slope rooms. However, this is something that you could easily enquire about. I would encourage contacting Sussex Housing Offices ([email protected]), since they would be able to provide you with a more definitive answer to this.

I would also say that most of the time you will find that your flat mates will be quite understanding, and will not mind a bit of music in the background. However, you might find that some times of the day may be more suitable than others, depending on your flat mates' study schedules, etc. Thus, this is a conversation worth having at the very beginning, since it will help to avoid conflict in long-term.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student, MSci with a Year Abroad).
Last edited by University of Sussex Official Reps; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (597)
49.18%
No (617)
50.82%

Watched Threads