jackmarshal757
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Biden is the 46th president, after what has been a rather tumultuous four years under Trump. It’s also a historic moment, Kamala Harris becomes the first female Vice President.

It’s always exciting to see a new president, no matter how much you agree/disagree with their politics.

I don’t support or agree with his politics, but it’s always good to see a new president.
Iamarat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
46 let's gooo
Gilo200
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no one cares, the country is destined for a rough 4 years lmao. 💀
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was nice to see sensible adults talking for a change. I hope that continues.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is quite bizarre how delighted many people are in UK at the election of Biden and how many people in the UK genuinely hate trump.

Most people in the UK are nowhere near as emotionally invested in the outcomes of say the Canadian or Australian elections (I am using these as example as most of their media is in English).
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
It is quite bizarre how delighted many people are in UK at the election of Biden and how many people in the UK genuinely hate trump.

Most people in the UK are nowhere near as emotionally invested in the outcomes of say the Canadian or Australian elections (I am using these as example as most of their media is in English).
They just aren’t as important as the American one
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jackmarshal757)
Why?
Gilo200
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sorry what 😂 yes they are, it's just because americans think it's the most important so it's all over social media etc, and so u become Brainwashed and invested in it
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gilo200)
sorry what 😂 yes they are, it's just because americans think it's the most important so it's all over social media etc, and so u become Brainwashed and invested in it
Why?
America holds the highest position on the world stage
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

probably cause the US candidates are (somewhat) more absurd than recent Canadian and Australian elections.
Calibrated.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is really not that bizarre. As the largest economy and largest military, American politics have a far greater impact on the globe than Canada.

And American politics has a sense of theatre and absurdity that most other countries lack.

UK genuinely hate trump.
Hatred towards Trump's rampant anti-intellectualism, gaslighting post-truth garbage, and reactionary politics is entirely justifiable. As we saw with the attack on the Capitol Building, it represented a threat to democracy.

Unfortunately Trump leaving office will probably not put a stop to the growing reactionary movements around the world.
AlphaZeta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Winnie-the-Pooh is back in business, source of coronavirus will be forgotten.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 64Lightbulbs)
probably cause the US candidates are (somewhat) more absurd than recent Canadian and Australian elections.
Do you think if Trump had been caught out in Black face so many times that he couldn't actually put a figure on how many times it happened, he would have gotten away with it? ( Orange face not withstanding)
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
Do you think if Trump had been caught out in Black face so many times that he couldn't actually put a figure on how many times it happened, he would have gotten away with it? ( Orange face not withstanding)
he's been pm since 5 years ago. a transition of power involving him is not happening this month,, what is your point?
Spoiler:
Show
this is also not meant to be interpreted as a defense of trudeau
Gilo200
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
America holds the highest position on the world stage
ask china and Russia that
Gilo200
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I'm from UK and I support trump, it's low-key in society because so many SJW will cancel you etc if u have any ties to supporting him , sad world
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 64Lightbulbs)
Hmmm probably.
It's also bizarre though how Biden has been characterised as such a bastian of light by the media.
Biden was a supporter of segregation in schools, given this was a long time ago and people's political opinions do evolve over time, however during his election campaign he was caught out making statements to the effect of 'if you're really black, you will vote for me'.

One could argue that this was just a gaf, ill thought out and doesn't really hold any meaning. However, if Biden did believe this, it says a lot, MalcolmX X once said that 'the white liberal is the worst enemy to America, and the worst enemy to the black man'.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/886...to-america-and
I don't believe that Biden historically has a great track record on upholding LGBT rights either.

From an outside perspective the election looked more like a choice between bad and badder, rather than between the angel of the oppressed and the oppresser.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
Hmmm probably.
It's also bizarre though how Biden has been characterised as such a bastian of light by the media.
Biden was a supporter of segregation in schools, given this was a long time ago and people's political opinions do evolve over time, however during his election campaign he was caught out making statements to the effect of 'if you're really black, you will vote for me'.

One could argue that this was just a gaf, ill thought out and doesn't really hold any meaning. However, if Biden did believe this, it says a lot, MalcolmX X once said that 'the white liberal is the worst enemy to America, and the worst enemy to the black man'.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/886...to-america-and
I don't believe that Biden historically has a great track record on upholding LGBT rights either.

From an outside perspective the election looked more like a choice between bad and badder, rather than between the angel of the oppressed and the oppresser.
And the American people chose Biden, I definitely agree with you
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Looking forward to four years of Biden bending himself over for the radical left.
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Looking forward to four years of Biden bending himself over for the radical left.
Kamala as VP will almost certainly make that a reality, having to play to the younger more radical Dems. It can’t be the Republicans in the senate that hold him back because Kamala has the final vote so it’ll probably be fighting and squabbling amongst different factions of the Democrat party
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (161)
51.27%
No (153)
48.73%

Watched Threads