hakim123!!1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you get accepted for electrical engineering at ucl is it possible to change to mechanical engineering since the entrance grades aren't the same.How difficult would it be to change course or what would you have to show the to let you do so?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hakim123!!1)
If you get accepted for electrical engineering at ucl is it possible to change to mechanical engineering since the entrance grades aren't the same.How difficult would it be to change course or what would you have to show the to let you do so?
Contact UCL and ask them if it is possible. The sooner you ask the more chance that it will be possible.
hakim123!!1
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Contact UCL and ask them if it is possible. The sooner you ask the more chance that it will be possible.
if on the first day I turn up and decide that I would like to change from electrical engineering to mechanical engineering I am I likely to be allowed changed course
nikk09
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if on the first day I turn up and decide that I would like to change from electrical engineering to mechanical engineering I am I likely to be allowed changed course
well it’s probably best to contact them sooner rather than later, there’s more of a chance them letting you change now when they have the space that later on down the line when they don’t
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No - not if there's no space on the course (which is very likely if you wait until the start of term).

Ask NOW - if you ask BEFORE the January deadline then you're more likely to be successful. If they refuse now then they'll also refuse in September/October when you turn up. If you wouldn't be happy to complete the EE degree then do NOT accept an offer for it.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/students/statu...mme-or-modules
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/academic-manua...amme-transfers
"Transfer between programmes cannot be guaranteed. Students must not assume a transfer will be approved and they will remain registered on the current programme until official approval is obtained."
hakim123!!1
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
No - not if there's no space on the course (which is very likely if you wait until the start of term).

Ask NOW - if you ask BEFORE the January deadline then you're more likely to be successful. If they refuse now then they'll also refuse in September/October when you turn up. If you wouldn't be happy to complete the EE degree then do NOT accept an offer for it.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/students/statu...mme-or-modules
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/academic-manua...amme-transfers
"Transfer between programmes cannot be guaranteed. Students must not assume a transfer will be approved and they will remain registered on the current programme until official approval is obtained."
if I currently have EE as my firm who should I contact to see if I can be possibly moved to mechanical engineering for the start of the 2021/2022 year which begins sometime in sep/oct.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if I currently have EE as my firm who should I contact to see if I can be possibly moved to mechanical engineering for the start of the 2021/2022 year which begins sometime in sep/oct.
Why have you firmed it if you don't want to study it?

Contact UCL admissions ASAP https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...ate/contact-us
hakim123!!1
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Why have you firmed it if you don't want to study it?

Contact UCL admissions ASAP https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...ate/contact-us
If they refuse me now does that mean I will never be able to change when it comes to the start of the year or if things change by then am I still able to switch course.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they refuse me now does that mean I will never be able to change when it comes to the start of the year or if things change by then am I still able to switch course.
See post #5:
If they refuse now then they'll also refuse in September/October when you turn up. If you wouldn't be happy to complete the EE degree then do NOT accept an offer for it.
nikk09
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if they refuse you now the chances of them refusing you at the start of the year are even higher. contact them as soon as. also, why did you firm a course you don’t actually want to study?
hakim123!!1
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
See post #5:
If they refuse now then they'll also refuse in September/October when you turn up. If you wouldn't be happy to complete the EE degree then do NOT accept an offer for it.
why is that? is that because if there isn't space now there won't be at the start of the year?
nikk09
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why is that? is that because if there isn't space now there won't be at the start of the year?
why would you want to risk there being space or not? no one can predict if there will be so it’s best to sort it sooner rather than later.
hakim123!!1
Rep:
?
(Original post by nikk09)
why would you want to risk there being space or not? no one can predict if there will be so it’s best to sort it sooner rather than later.
Its about the space. oh ok thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads