The Student Room Group

Can you do A-Level Government and Politics after doing geography over history at GCSE

Weird question I know. I really probably, won't do A-level government and politics at but I just want to keep my options open whilst picking my GCSEs. History and Government and Politics seem very related, but right now I kind of want to do Geography over History at GCSE. If perhaps I did decide that I wanted to Government and Politics for A-level would it hurt anything that I did history over geography or better yet if at uni I wanted to do something involving government and politics would it have an impact then?
Original post by OscarF
Weird question I know. I really probably, won't do A-level government and politics at but I just want to keep my options open whilst picking my GCSEs. History and Government and Politics seem very related, but right now I kind of want to do Geography over History at GCSE. If perhaps I did decide that I wanted to Government and Politics for A-level would it hurt anything that I did history over geography or better yet if at uni I wanted to do something involving government and politics would it have an impact then

It will have no impact whatsoever
Reply 2
Up to the entry requirements your sixth form sets but I can't see it being a problem. (Officially the name changed to Politics A level in 2017)

Quick Reply

Latest