Petition to have private student landlords offer rent refunds

Watch
hello5789
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm thinking of starting a petiton to have private student landlords offer rent refunds. We emailed our landlord and he outright refused to give us a refund, and considering that millions of students are in this position I feel it is unfair. What do others think?
JMo03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It would also be unfair for the landlord to give up their income because of the pandemic. Maybe a scheme with the governement subsidising student rent.

I have doubts the government would ever force landlords to give refunds, especially because of the implication that would have for the housing market as a whole.
hello5789
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Jmoore12)
It would also be unfair for the landlord to give up their income because of the pandemic. Maybe a scheme with the governement subsidising student rent.

I have doubts the government would ever force landlords to give refunds, especially because of the implication that would have for the housing market as a whole.
We've already paid rent for most of the year though, this would either be a refund/ rent reduction for the final term of university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (18)
21.18%
Unhappy (24)
28.24%
Conflicted (43)
50.59%

Watched Threads