The Student Room Group

If you were rich would you have many kids?

You earn a million pounds per day. You are married to the love of your life. Would you choose to have kids? If you do would you decide on a number of kids, e.g. 2 kids or 3 kids. Or would you want as many kids as possible considering money is not a problem. This means that you have more responsibility as a parent but you can hold your own party or a mini rave without guests.

Personally if I was rich I'd have many kids as I can because I feel as though a large family is more fun, but maybe I feel this way because I have quite a few brothers and sisters.

Scroll to see replies

Being rich, wouldn't mean I'd have millions of kids.
Yes I would , I personally want a lot of kids so if I'm rich I can spend time with them instead of working . you could afford maids/nannies if you ever wanted a rest . I have a big family too and I would prefer to have more but working and providing for them is financially tough so if I were rich , why not ?
(edited 3 years ago)
No
Reply 4
what a strange question, no is the answer
sure, a few baby goats would be a fun thing to have on my estate.
Reply 6
Original post by Gilo200
what a strange question, no is the answer

Only asking because where I'm from the really expensive multi million pound houses have so many bedrooms and they look like mansions like the mccalister home from home alone, whereas the cheaper houses are much smaller. So it got me thinking
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Only asking because where I'm from the really expensive multi million pound houses have so many bedrooms and they look like mansions like the mccalister home from home alone, whereas the cheaper houses are much smaller. So it got me thinking

incorrect thinking, my granny built a house 10 years ago and it has 8 bedrooms, 2 live in the house 😂 guest bedrooms are important.
No, I wouldn't have unlimited time or attention.
You earn a million pounds per day. You are married to the love of your life. Would you choose to have kids? If you do would you decide on a number of kids, e.g. 2 kids or 3 kids. Or would you want as many kids as possible considering money is not a problem. This means that you have more responsibility as a parent but you can hold your own party or a mini rave without guests.

Personally if I was rich I'd have many kids as I can because I feel as though a large family is more fun, but maybe I feel this way because I have quite a few brothers and sisters.

u say that like u can click a button and have a kid. Kids take months in the making and put the mother through so much pain lol. I wouldnt want my V ripped more than 3 times tbf so NO LOL
No.
I only want one.
I sometimes don't understand this mentality why people don't take this really seriously. Having kids is the biggest responsibility so one should have at most 2 regardless you're rich or poor and should take care of them and raise them really well
Reply 12
Not many...Especially in the world today...
u say that like u can click a button and have a kid. Kids take months in the making and put the mother through so much pain lol. I wouldnt want my V ripped more than 3 times tbf so NO LOL

I think what's he's saying is a rich man can have as many girls as he wants so can have babies on the tap 💀
I’d have the same amount of kids that I have now, zero.
Original post by Gilo200
I think what's he's saying is a rich man can have as many girls as he wants so can have babies on the tap 💀

thats a dead life tbh, when he dies he will leave behind nothing of his own, just a bunch of kids who when they're asked about their dad will end up saying 'oh I never got to see my dad much he wasnt always around so I dont know much about him - he was hella rich tho' lOL
Even if I were the richest person in the world I'd not have kids. I would however buy a gold outfit 👗, monocle🧐 and top hat 🎩 and strut around 💁🏻*♀️

I think the sensible answer here would be to concentrate your vast wealth on a smaller number of children. Less stress, less responsibility and you give more opportunities to children with your wealth when there are less of them. This is why families on fixed or low incomes struggle with lots of children - because they overestimated how many children they could support on their income, and then just kept having them. If money gets tight, they still have more mouths to feed. I know you probably love the idea of having a big family but you'll probably change your mind after having your body and confidence wrecked after carrying and giving birth 3 or 4 times.

I don't understand what you mean by hold your own party or mini-rave without guests. Real parties are the ones with alcohol, loud music and girls - definitely not places I would want to see children running around. If you mean enjoying yourself with children around then that's just spending time with your family, it's not a party per se.

If it was me with that amount of money, I would probably choose not to have any children. Instead I would spend money on maintaining that level of income, looking after my family and friends, travelling and keeping a revolving door of women without the pressure of children.
no. i don't want children.
no

Quick Reply

Latest