If you were rich would you have many kids?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
You earn a million pounds per day. You are married to the love of your life. Would you choose to have kids? If you do would you decide on a number of kids, e.g. 2 kids or 3 kids. Or would you want as many kids as possible considering money is not a problem. This means that you have more responsibility as a parent but you can hold your own party or a mini rave without guests.

Personally if I was rich I'd have many kids as I can because I feel as though a large family is more fun, but maybe I feel this way because I have quite a few brothers and sisters.
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Being rich, wouldn't mean I'd have millions of kids.
hannah12389
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I would , I personally want a lot of kids so if I'm rich I can spend time with them instead of working . you could afford maids/nannies if you ever wanted a rest . I have a big family too and I would prefer to have more but working and providing for them is financially tough so if I were rich , why not ?
Last edited by hannah12389; 1 month ago
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No
Gilo200
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what a strange question, no is the answer
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sure, a few baby goats would be a fun thing to have on my estate.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Gilo200)
what a strange question, no is the answer
Only asking because where I'm from the really expensive multi million pound houses have so many bedrooms and they look like mansions like the mccalister home from home alone, whereas the cheaper houses are much smaller. So it got me thinking
Gilo200
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Only asking because where I'm from the really expensive multi million pound houses have so many bedrooms and they look like mansions like the mccalister home from home alone, whereas the cheaper houses are much smaller. So it got me thinking
incorrect thinking, my granny built a house 10 years ago and it has 8 bedrooms, 2 live in the house 😂 guest bedrooms are important.
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, I wouldn't have unlimited time or attention.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You earn a million pounds per day. You are married to the love of your life. Would you choose to have kids? If you do would you decide on a number of kids, e.g. 2 kids or 3 kids. Or would you want as many kids as possible considering money is not a problem. This means that you have more responsibility as a parent but you can hold your own party or a mini rave without guests.

Personally if I was rich I'd have many kids as I can because I feel as though a large family is more fun, but maybe I feel this way because I have quite a few brothers and sisters.
u say that like u can click a button and have a kid. Kids take months in the making and put the mother through so much pain lol. I wouldnt want my V ripped more than 3 times tbf so NO LOL
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.
I only want one.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I sometimes don't understand this mentality why people don't take this really seriously. Having kids is the biggest responsibility so one should have at most 2 regardless you're rich or poor and should take care of them and raise them really well
hbcool
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not many...Especially in the world today...
Gilo200
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
u say that like u can click a button and have a kid. Kids take months in the making and put the mother through so much pain lol. I wouldnt want my V ripped more than 3 times tbf so NO LOL
I think what's he's saying is a rich man can have as many girls as he wants so can have babies on the tap 💀
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d have the same amount of kids that I have now, zero.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gilo200)
I think what's he's saying is a rich man can have as many girls as he wants so can have babies on the tap 💀
thats a dead life tbh, when he dies he will leave behind nothing of his own, just a bunch of kids who when they're asked about their dad will end up saying 'oh I never got to see my dad much he wasnt always around so I dont know much about him - he was hella rich tho' lOL
lazerbeem
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even if I were the richest person in the world I'd not have kids. I would however buy a gold outfit 👗, monocle🧐 and top hat 🎩 and strut around 💁🏻*♀️
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I think the sensible answer here would be to concentrate your vast wealth on a smaller number of children. Less stress, less responsibility and you give more opportunities to children with your wealth when there are less of them. This is why families on fixed or low incomes struggle with lots of children - because they overestimated how many children they could support on their income, and then just kept having them. If money gets tight, they still have more mouths to feed. I know you probably love the idea of having a big family but you'll probably change your mind after having your body and confidence wrecked after carrying and giving birth 3 or 4 times.

I don't understand what you mean by hold your own party or mini-rave without guests. Real parties are the ones with alcohol, loud music and girls - definitely not places I would want to see children running around. If you mean enjoying yourself with children around then that's just spending time with your family, it's not a party per se.

If it was me with that amount of money, I would probably choose not to have any children. Instead I would spend money on maintaining that level of income, looking after my family and friends, travelling and keeping a revolving door of women without the pressure of children.
username5607316
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no. i don't want children.
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.15%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.48%
Live streaming events (50)
8.68%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (133)
23.09%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.22%