McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Post all questions here.

* University Accommodation Office page - Accommodation Office | Accommodation Office | University of Bristol

* Uni Accommodation for New Undergraduates - New undergraduates | Accommodation Office | University of Bristol

* University Halls listings - Residences | Accommodation Office | University of Bristol

* Looking for Private Accommodation - Private rented accommodation | Accommodation Office | University of Bristol

Other Student Accommodation in Bristol city centre includes :
* StuRents Student accommodation in Bristol - StuRents
* Adodus Bristol Student Accommodation - Two locations - Great Amenities (abodusstudents.com)
* HelloStudent Premium Student Accommodation in Hello Student | Bristol
* Unilodgers Student Accommodation & Houses in Bristol | Unilodgers
* IQ Bristol iQ Bristol in Bristol | iQ Student Accommodation
* Unite Student Accommodation Bristol | Unite Students
* CRM Market Quarter Studios - Bristol - CRM Students (crm-students.com)
* My Student Halls Centre Gate Student Accommodation Bristol. Mystudenthalls.com
BeckyCoster7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What’s the best place for a first year Bristol student to live. I don’t have any help from school or parents with this kind of thing so I’m a little confused.
Ray3RE
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by BeckyCoster7)
What’s the best place for a first year Bristol student to live. I don’t have any help from school or parents with this kind of thing so I’m a little confused.
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodati...te/residences/

This site is good, you can select your preferences and compare prices. I also used google maps to see how far each was from the where lectures and etc. would be.

These vids were useful too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NagDUsCIN-I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3GjnC_DWx4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-anT6-wOxQ

Hope this helps.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
im going to the bristol from dublin next year and i just wanted to know where is the ideal location to live / rent a place for myself.

what are fun things to do in bristol ? places and spots i should look out for ? and is there shops like dealz/poundland there ? as in bargain shops where u can get cheap bits and bobs. also homeware shops to buy stuff to settle in with lol
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I have a place at Bristol uni for next year and I'm thinking about accommodation.

I've heard that Stoke Bishop is supposed to be the most sociable place for students to live but I'm wondering how sociable the city centre accommodation is? City centre would be more practical for me personally I think but I'm worried about it not being sociable, can anyone who lived there or in West Village help me out? I don't want to miss out on what the experience should be like but North is far away and expensive, so I'm not sure.

Any help would be great, thank you
DoNotMove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a place at Bristol uni for next year and I'm thinking about accommodation.

I've heard that Stoke Bishop is supposed to be the most sociable place for students to live but I'm wondering how sociable the city centre accommodation is? City centre would be more practical for me personally I think but I'm worried about it not being sociable, can anyone who lived there or in West Village help me out? I don't want to miss out on what the experience should be like but North is far away and expensive, so I'm not sure.

Any help would be great, thank you
Really, when it comes down to it all, ignoring places like Hillside Woodside, everywhere else is as sociable as you wish it to be. East is absolutely fine - Orchard Heights, New Bridewell, Courtrooms etc etc have many people and are usually quite loud and all. West is a little bit more chill but they still are sociable.
Kebristol1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
City centre accom is just as sociable as SB, I have lots of friends who lived there and whenever I visited it was great. I was in west village cos I didn’t like how far away Stoke bishop was from all the shops and I found it to be really sociable to! You can make wherever you want as sociable as you want really, there’s so many people in each one that there’s always something going on
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kebristol1)
City centre accom is just as sociable as SB, I have lots of friends who lived there and whenever I visited it was great. I was in west village cos I didn’t like how far away Stoke bishop was from all the shops and I found it to be really sociable to! You can make wherever you want as sociable as you want really, there’s so many people in each one that there’s always something going on
Thank you so much for your help
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DoNotMove)
Really, when it comes down to it all, ignoring places like Hillside Woodside, everywhere else is as sociable as you wish it to be. East is absolutely fine - Orchard Heights, New Bridewell, Courtrooms etc etc have many people and are usually quite loud and all. West is a little bit more chill but they still are sociable.
Thank you so much for your help
lilyclak
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Which accommodation is the best at Bristol in terms of popularity and social availability? Where is the best residence to be for a first year?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Most students living in private accommodation (house and flat-shares etc) live close to the Uni - Cotham, Redland, Montpelier or Bedminster areas. Clifton is lovely but costs ££. If you are into 'alternative' and like vegan food and hippy-stuff, look at Stokes Croft.
Areas to avoid - St Pauls, St Andrews, or South Bristol.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
best west village accomodation?
indie.sxnds
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone here know anything about brunel house?
Josel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone applied for social policy and criminology or just criminology or just social policy?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if there are any of the more modern halls (like the one's in the city centre) that aren't crazy party-centred but are still sociable? I really want the uni experience and to party etc but I also want a good balance between sociable and work I prefer the mode clean/modern looking rooms
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if there are any of the more modern halls (like the one's in the city centre) that aren't crazy party-centred but are still sociable? I really want the uni experience and to party etc but I also want a good balance between sociable and work I prefer the mode clean/modern looking rooms
from what ive heard from students at the university is that stoke bishop (north village) is objectively seen to be the more social area but the city is just the same! anyone who lives in the city will tell you its sociable, anyone in sb will tell you sb is sociable. ig one thing to keep in mind is that most people in second year will live closer to the university, so if in first year you stay in SB - youll experience the city side the next year anyway
PDQ2003
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’ve just asked my question! I’m going to be studying medicine and so it will be full on, but I’d also like to party when I can. I want to be in quiet but sociable halls and have heard that catered doesn’t work well with a medics timetable. Does anyone know what time meals are please?
kierano1809
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why avoid those places?
Josel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lilyclak)
Which accommodation is the best at Bristol in terms of popularity and social availability? Where is the best residence to be for a first year?
I asked my friends who is now in year 1 and year 2. They’ve recommend orchard heights
What course are you doing?
saprad_21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know what Redland Road is like. I know it only has 11 places but other than that I've never heard anything about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (164)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (495)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (377)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (471)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (162)
4.81%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (206)
6.12%
Loneliness (286)
8.49%
Financial worries (120)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (135)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (153)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (183)
5.44%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (301)
8.94%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (314)
9.33%

Watched Threads