The Student Room Group

Anime

Can anyone recommend me some good anime shows? I just started watching some and need some more recommendations. So far I have watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul.
They were all so good!!

Scroll to see replies

I watched Death Note which is pretty good. A lot of people like Hunter x Hunter, I’ve only seen a few episodes of that though
You might like Blue Exorcist, Noragami, Dororo. Also, myanimelist.net can help you find more shows similar to those you like, as well as keep track of what you've watched/plan on watching :smile:
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K is a good one
One punch Man, 7 deadly sins, Kakeguri, Gintama, The Promised Neverland, Naruto, Dragon Ball
Those are the generic ones to get started with, try find out which genres you like and branch out from there
Reply 4
Rent a girlfriend
One Piece, Naruto, Maid-Sama, Black Butler, Sonic X, MHA, Bleach, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh.

Spoiler

Original post by hbcool
Can anyone recommend me some good anime shows? I just started watching some and need some more recommendations. So far I have watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul.
They were all so good!!

I am loving Attack on Titan so much, actually all of the ones you've mentioned are amazing. Death note was the first anime I ever watched, it's still a favourite of mine. Just watched Erased, that was mindblowing. Terror in Resonance, Your Lie in April. Violet Evergarden is one that I want to watch but haven't yet. Your Name and Garden of Words arent shows but good movies.
@AngryJellyfish and certainly @quasa can make suggestions in no time.

Blue Excorcist and Megalobox are insider tips and if you like funny animes, you can go with One Punch Man!
It's become a bit of a hidden gem but Legend of the Galactic Heroes from the 80's. It's quite political and philosophical - it really gets you thinking, there's literally hundreds of unique characters that are memorable and is just overall amazing. Bear in mind that plot armour doesn't exist in this unlike modern anime so you're in for quite a few shocks when you watch it.
Original post by hbcool
They were all so good!!

Those were some great series to start off with! :yep: Here's a few I'd suggest along similar lines:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Claymore
Ajin
Steins;Gate
Berserk
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Those were some great series to start off with! :yep: Here's a few I'd suggest along similar lines:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Claymore
Ajin
Steins;Gate
Berserk

Berserk, really a good, subtle and sinister anime that ended up in a bloody horror in the last two episodes. Is it true that a sequel came out? it is been a long time that I watched this anime.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Berserk, really a good, subtle and sinister anime that ended up in a bloody horror in the last two episodes. Is it true that a sequel came out? it is been a long time that I watched this anime.

Yes, Berserk 2016 and 2017 - but just to warn you in advance, they went with 3D animation for these, and a lot of fans weren't happy!
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Yes, Berserk 2016 and 2017 - but just to warn you in advance, they went with 3D animation for these, and a lot of fans weren't happy!

I remember that so many fans were mad because the sequels were planning to give the authentic animation style from 1998 up. I am doubt about to give those a go.
Original post by hbcool
They were all so good!!

hey since you watched aot, i recommend promised neverland
Code Geass
Drifters
One Punch Man
death note, naruto, devil is a part timer, hunter x hunter, magi, gurren lagann, katekyo hitman reborn, full metal alchemist brotherhood, noragami, vinland saga, boku no hero acedamia, black clover
My Hero Academia
One Punch Man
Berserk
Vinland Saga
Haikyuu

Just to name a few
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
My Hero Academia
One Punch Man
Berserk
Vinland Saga
Haikyuu

Just to name a few

Do you mean the anime from 1998 with the fine animated style or the sequels from 2016 and 2017 with the 3D-animation? all of them?
Original post by Kallisto
Do you mean the anime from 1998 with the fine animated style or the sequels from 2016 and 2017 with the 3D-animation? all of them?

1997-1998 adaptation

The modern day adaptation with the 3D animation was just terrible
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
1997-1998 adaptation

The modern day adaptation with the 3D animation was just terrible

Everyone told me that. I would like to watch the sequels so much, but if the reviews I got are so bad, I think it is better to let it be.

Quick Reply

Latest