Volunteering during covid

Watch
loulouloull
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, does anyone had any volunteering ideas/opportunities (online?) to do during covid? Any help would be appreciated 😊
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How old are you?
username5606668
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What kind are you looking for cause I know some
loulouloull
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
How old are you?
Hi! I am 16 years old
loulouloull
Rep:
?
(Original post by km2886)
What kind are you looking for cause I know some
At the moment, honestly, any kind of opportunities that come my way. It can be anything really!
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by loulouloull)
Hi! I am 16 years old
Hmm, that will limit you, I can't (currently) think of any, aside from maybe volunteering on here (certain roles can be given to 16+, iirc). Most that I can think of wouldn't be online - although, admittedly it might be different now!

Could you ask your school? See if they have any ideas?
loulouloull
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
Hmm, that will limit you, I can't (currently) think of any, aside from maybe volunteering on here (certain roles can be given to 16+, iirc). Most that I can think of wouldn't be online - although, admittedly it might be different now!

Could you ask your school? See if they have any ideas?
Ah, I see. How would I be able to apply to volunteering on the Student Room, is there such a thing? I have not asked my school yet- which is probably a good idea actually.

I have brainstormed ideas that are not online such as getting groceries for the elderly, taking their dogs a walk etc but nothing more than that really I was just looking at options. Thank you for your help
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by loulouloull)
Ah, I see. How would I be able to apply to volunteering on the Student Room, is there such a thing? I have not asked my school yet- which is probably a good idea actually.

I have brainstormed ideas that are not online such as getting groceries for the elderly, taking their dogs a walk etc but nothing more than that really I was just looking at options. Thank you for your help
Yeah, most of the people with coloured names on here are volunteers (or were), not paid. As far as I know, some roles can be done at 16+, but I might've misremembered.

Yeah, I would've suggested volunteering with the NHS Volunteer Responders, but your age is too young! Definitely ask your teachers, see what they can suggest. I hope you're able to find something. Might be worth phoning local charities, see if they need any help? :dontknow:
loulouloull
Rep:
?
Ah that is interesting! Ah, that is unfortunate, oh well. I will take your advice about asking teachers and phoning local charities though! Thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate it
mstickbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you could try https://chdliving.co.uk/adopt-grandparent or the 'be my eyes' app, haven't tried either though so I can't really say what they're like
loulouloull
Rep:
?
(Original post by mstickbug)
you could try https://chdliving.co.uk/adopt-grandparent or the 'be my eyes' app, haven't tried either though so I can't really say what they're like
This actually such a good idea! Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.36%
No (693)
51.64%

Watched Threads