The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

How lenient is the Uni of Liverpool for law?

I want to study law at Liverpool and have received an offer of AAA however I feel as though I’m going to receive maybe an AAC-ABC. Does anyone know if I would still have a chance or have any stories of their own??
It will depend on a) how many spaces there are on that course, b) how many 'near misses' L'pool decide to accept to fill them, c) how low they go to do that, d) or whether they decide to put it into Clearing to pick up other people with the higher grades they want. All of this is impossible to predict - especially this year. And what happened last year/other years will not tell you anything about what might happen this year.

How to Choose Firm and Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Traceyxxx
I want to study law at Liverpool and have received an offer of AAA however I feel as though I’m going to receive maybe an AAC-ABC. Does anyone know if I would still have a chance or have any stories of their own??

You do have a chance yes. Liverpool are known to be one of the more lenient Russell Group Unis and to let people in with less than AAA so hopefully you will be lucky.

In 2019 for example they accepted people in Clearing with BBB/BBC so it was a bit of a surprise to people when they moved their official grade requirements upwards to AAA
Original post by Traceyxxx

Hi there Traceyxxx,

I see you already have a couple of useful replies, but I thought I would add something to this. Generally it's hard to say as others have said since it differs from year to year, and it can also depend on things like your personal statement not just your grades.

I think that most courses tend to accept with near-misses (i.e. one grade off) though this can't be guaranteed, but beyond this, it varies a lot. I know this year has been a bit crazy for everyone so I think that Universities know this so might be a bit more lenient as a result of this. Overall I would say you could use this offer (which you may believe is beyond you at the moment), as motivation to study and revise well! I'm sure you will get there, good luck!

If you have any more questions about student life at Liverpool then ask away below :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending