Gr4334
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I need some unbiased opinions so I thought I'd ask on here.
I've received an offer from Oxford to study Spanish and Beginner's Portuguese, however I originally applied for English and Spanish. I've also received an offer from Manchester for English and Spanish, which would have been my second choice.
I'm passionate about both English and Spanish so this is a super tricky situation. I'd love to learn more Portuguese and Oxford is such a big opportunity to learn about Spanish literature from passionate experts - I'd also like to go down South.

I've had a big revelation about if I want to study English literature or if the language its in isn't important.
I'm unsure what to do and at this point I've probably over thought it all too much but any advice/ opinions would be appreciated
Dillt2003
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Gr4334)
I need some unbiased opinions so I thought I'd ask on here.
I've received an offer from Oxford to study Spanish and Beginner's Portuguese, however I originally applied for English and Spanish. I've also received an offer from Manchester for English and Spanish, which would have been my second choice.
I'm passionate about both English and Spanish so this is a super tricky situation. I'd love to learn more Portuguese and Oxford is such a big opportunity to learn about Spanish literature from passionate experts - I'd also like to go down South.

I've had a big revelation about if I want to study English literature or if the language its in isn't important.
I'm unsure what to do and at this point I've probably over thought it all too much but any advice/ opinions would be appreciated
I think the opportunity of going to Oxford is unparalleled, granted, it would be better if you got an offer for the course you originally applied to.

If you think you'd enjoy the course at Oxford, I think that is probably your best bet - you could still put Manc as your insurance?
Gr4334
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Dillt2003)
I think the opportunity of going to Oxford is unparalleled, granted, it would be better if you got an offer for the course you originally applied to.

If you think you'd enjoy the course at Oxford, I think that is probably your best bet - you could still put Manc as your insurance?
Thank you! That's the rough plan I have atm, just weighing up the options and working out if I can let go of English Lit - always a chance to study it in the future too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads