Letters from Lincoln Uni Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kirsten
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I heard from UCAS that I have a conditional place at Lincoln for Architecture on 16th December. I have not recieved a letter from Lincoln though confirming this.

I know no one would have been working over Christmas, but I was just wondering if anyone had recieved a letter from Lincoln and if so how long after they heard from UCAS.

Cheers Kirsten
Chris87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Quite a few universities do not send you a letter once they have given you an offer. I think this is quite normal. You will probably receive more information from them if you decide to accept their offer.
Vikernes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think there was a time difference of about 10-14 days between seeing an offer on the UCAS site, and getting a letter from the department. They were the first to accept me, and the last to send a letter.
Chris87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd be more worried about not receiving a letter from UCAS rather than the university itself to be honest because you need to reply to the offers through UCAS. I got an offer a couple of weeks ago but I'm still waiting for the university to tell UCAS.
Kirsten
Cheers. I'm just worried because I was certain, for the course, I would have to have an interview. If I get a letter from Lincoln then I can be certain that I wouldn't need one. At the moment I am still worried that I might have to go for an interview although UCAS have said I have a conditional offer.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It has been a long time that you have got an offer, but not letter stating an interview. I think that means you don't have one.

Why do architecture students get interviewed? It's not like medicine, law or anything like that.
Kirsten
They get interviewed because they like to see a portfolio of work. I thought that would especially be the case for me as i dont take any art subjects.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I see. I think you can still draw though, if yout don't have Art. Most architecture courses don't require Art though.
Kirsten
Oh yeah I know they dont require art, but I thought they still like to see if ur creative or not!!
Kirsten
I can finally relax i recieved my letter from Lincoln yesterday with no mention of needing an interview!!!
Yeah ;-)
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Congrats.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (73)
19.16%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (155)
40.68%
Nope, not that interesting (153)
40.16%

Watched Threads