Language paper 2 Q3 and Q4

Watch
Cindy2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Ok, right you know when you find a quote in the English language extract so I found this quote in the extract -
‘Spun around roughy like clothes in a washing machine’ ok I know it’s a simile but do u break it down each time like ‘spun around’ And ‘roughly’. ‘Like clothes in a washing machine’. Each time I don’t get it I’m so confused do u need to zoom in , in each quote because I’m so confused ... do you break it down one time two times I don’t know someone help me please I’m totally lost!

Can someone help me and show me an example please

superbo9y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'll quickly break it down quickly, cos i got a meeting (as of this msg) in 5 mins!!
"Spun around roughly like clothes in a washing machine""
few things u could say:
- roughly carries connotations of violence, so juxtaposition with rest of the extract (if the extract is calm and peaceful tone), gives a more violent resonance
- clothes in a washing machine tumble in a 360 rotation, so it could in fact be symbolic if the narrator's life story, his life is all over the place, like the clothes.

igtg now but send me a PM if u want with full question and extract, might be able to help better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (73)
38.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads