ZaYnabY
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi!
This year im going to be picking my gcse's. I dont know whether to pick tripe or combined because my level allows me to pick either. I dont reallly like science but my dad wants me to atleast try triple science and if i dont want to pick it, I can drop out. What are your opinions and you experiences with triple and combined?
HaydenFordz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ZaYnabY)
Hi!
This year im going to be picking my gcse's. I dont know whether to pick tripe or combined because my level allows me to pick either. I dont reallly like science but my dad wants me to atleast try triple science and if i dont want to pick it, I can drop out. What are your opinions and you experiences with triple and combined?
Triple is very good especially when you want to do A-Level Science. This is because in combine some of the content gets cut. Personally I do triple science and are getting 7's in all of them even tho I hate bio
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Triple Science man, miss those days for real.
unknownm123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi!
Do triple, I’ve done both. Combined has less content but the exam qs they give you are harder
HaydenFordz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by unknownm123)
Do triple, I’ve done both. Combined has less content but the exam qs they give you are harder
Really, didn't realise the exam was harder, you learn something new every day
Export kid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi!
If picking triple is going to stop you from picking another option you'd like to do, then don't pick it. I did triple at GCSE and got 8/9's and now i do 2 a level sciences. There are people in my classes who did combined and they're getting on just fine.
Do whatever's going to maximise your grades and make you happy. (In my experience, triple vs combined doesn't make a huge amount of difference)
qweasdzxcwersdf
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi!
It really depends. If you are doing science A-levels you should do triple otherwise you will have catch up the other students don't have. If you are unsure of your furture, I recommend picking triple because then you still have options
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi!
pls pls dont be like me and pick science just because your family want you to, its like the biggest no no at gcse's. If you dont like science you probably wont like triple so i'd just stay with combined and remember pick the subjects you enjoy the most!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.25%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
34.38%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (6)
18.75%

Watched Threads