Ne suggestions for holiday destinations? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Carelesswhispers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Heya,

I'm going on a holiday with school friends to a hot beach somewhere :cool: in the summer, but am also going away with other friends somwhere. Prob is i have no idea, just a good cheapish destination in Europe, phaps a city. Ne suggestions or recommendations (looking so spend max of £400 on flights and accommadation for one week)?

Moo
caffecooki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
me and some mates are going to ibiza this summer... but it might be a bit mental
F. Poste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm going to Paris... there are super-cheap youth hostels and I'll get two weeks there for under £200
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Depends what you want. Barcelona has it all, the city, the beaches, its cheap its hot. Paris is a lovely city as well which is more suitable if you're not so bothered about partying or you are rich.

Amsrerdam is also nice but you may get bored spending a week there.

Barcelona is very cheap for a large city though and you could even stay some where like Lloret Del Mar and do the whole thing for about £200 a week.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
florida! of if that out of ur budget, south shields has a **** beach.
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just been to Marakesh in Morocco.
Very nice it is too - plenty to see and do. I wouldn't stay in anything less than a 5* hotel though. If you do go, Royal Air Maroc are also very good.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't give a toss where I stay as longs as its clean and is ensuite. I find travellodges or days inn type places ideal. Its one up from a hostel, they are clean and modern but also cheap.

£500 is usualy enough for me to travel europe for a week and go out every night partying that includes hotels, drinks, train faires etc.

This year Iam going railing for two weeks and I need to it in £1000.
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I don't give a toss where I stay as longs as its clean and is ensuite. I find travellodges or days inn type places ideal. Its one up from a hostel, they are clean and modern but also cheap.

£500 is usualy enough for me to travel europe for a week and go out every night partying that includes hotels, drinks, train faires etc.

This year Iam going railing for two weeks and I need to it in £1000.
That holiday in morocco was £800 a person -very nice it was too.
I may not go on that sort of break on my own, but I can't really stay in anything less than 4*. But I'm a bit preculiar.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
That holiday in morocco was £800 a person -very nice it was too.
I may not go on that sort of break on my own, but I can't really stay in anything less than 4*. But I'm a bit preculiar.
Why, most 3 star hotels I have stayed in have been very nice, the star system is a load of crap anyway. It just means how much services they offer rather than how posh the hotel is. I have stayed in many 3 star hotels which are much posher than 4 star ones I have stayed in.
footballhead
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Check out www.lastminute.co.uk you always find really really good deals on that
bestdeceptions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Me and my friends were going to go to Kavos in Corfu until we started hearing the stories of what it's really like. We're now thinking of going to Malia in Crete.
sillynarb
Report 14 years ago
Zante was amazing last year for our lads holiday, just top quality cheap clubs, and a great island

think we are going to Malia this year, surely the place to be :cool:
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb)
Zante was amazing last year for our lads holiday, just top quality cheap clubs, and a great island

think we are going to Malia this year, surely the place to be :cool:
Haha I'll see you there
Carelesswhispers
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
We're thinking Zante for our beach holiday, where did you stay?
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Were going to malia this year at the moment, have yet to book it though!
ThunderCat8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, if you want a good city holiday, I recommend Rome and Venice. I did 4days at them each last summer and had a super time! If you fancy Spain, have a butchers at Valencia. It's a really nice city, and is right by the sea too. Crete is a good island. Chania is a really charming place. I recommend it highly. Turkey is great too, so much to do over there!
sillynarb
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by _mad_moo_)
We're thinking Zante for our beach holiday, where did you stay?
we stayed at the Hotel Alkyonis when it was with Freestyle

Freestyle was excellent as far as arraning all the trips and outings, had an awesome time with all of the events and stuff, the beach is literally 1 min away(aweeeeeesome beach as well) pleanty of resteraunts right next door pretty much, would reccomend that Hotel. The bar/club strip is about 10 mins walk which means you get there easily every night but dont live too near the noise
sillynarb
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
Haha I'll see you there
:cool:

have heard some good things about it from other people who have been there before, hopefuly the 6 of us will get round to booking it soon
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb)
:cool:

have heard some good things about it from other people who have been there before, hopefuly the 6 of us will get round to booking it soon
Yeah, me too! There are 4 of us going. We're hoping to book it soon but can't seem to agree on where to stay :rolleyes: We were thinking of going with 2wentys... anyone know if that's a good/bad idea?
sillynarb
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
Yeah, me too! There are 4 of us going. We're hoping to book it soon but can't seem to agree on where to stay :rolleyes: We were thinking of going with 2wentys... anyone know if that's a good/bad idea?
depends what sort of holiday you're really looking for

obviously the guy from Freestyle was bigging that up and to be fair it probably is the best value for money and they do pretty awesome trips. 2wentys is known to be a bit more skanky(according to him anyway!)

we are deffo going with Freestyle again
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads