m2105
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im thinking to do my EPQ about cancer, what the title "should virus and bacteria be used in cancer treatments?"

Would this be a suitable Q???
moonrose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
With the EPQ, I think that the more specific your topic question is, the better. 5000 words may seem like a lot at first, but you want to spend them as wisely as possible to explore the topic in a lot of depth.

For example, I did mine on Chernobyl. My first title was along the lines of ‘What caused the Chernobyl nuclear disaster?’, which is relatively vague and, in reality, doesn’t have a definitive answer. By the end, it became something more like ‘To investigate the potential causes of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in order to determine which factor was predominantly responsible for the accident’. It shows that I am aware that there isn’t a specific answer to my inquiry and shows the examiner what I intend to conclude at the end.

Having a very well-defined aim for your investigation helps you stay on track and not go off on irrelevant tangents by accident. In your case, I would maybe specify which type of cancer treatment you intend to investigate. If there are any ethical issues with using bacteria and viruses, perhaps you could ‘assess the ethics’ or something similar to that. But I do think your topic sounds very interesting, I definitely haven’t seen that one before. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (613)
49.08%
No (636)
50.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed