I've never liked Mario games. :dontknow:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
:yep:
Oh, so I remember me very well then. Is it also the game in which Mario and Luigi can get special items (frog costume and hammer for instance) in bonus games?
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Oh, so I remember me very well then. Is it also the game in which Mario and Luigi can get special items (frog costume and hammer for instance) in bonus games?
Can't quite remember, it was a loooooong time ago since I last played it :curious:

It does ring a bell though
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can't quite remember, it was a loooooong time ago since I last played it :curious:

It does ring a bell though
A bell? that is in Super Mario Land 2 when you finish a stage to get to the next one. But at the end of the stage, it comes to a bonus stage. That is the game with six coins and the Wario castle!
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A bell? that is in Super Mario Land 2 when you finish a stage to get to the next one. But at the end of the stage, it comes to a bonus stage. That is the game with six coins and the Wario castle!
Ah no I think you misunderstand what I meant :lol:

Or are you rickrolling me :ninja:
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah no I think you misunderstand what I meant :lol:

Or are you rickrolling me :ninja:
Tell me where a bell in Super Mario Bros. 3 exists. There are two whistles you can use to skip the worlds in the game, but...a...bell?! :confused:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tell me where a bell in Super Mario Bros. 3 exists. There are two whistles you can use to skip the worlds in the game, but...a...bell?! :confused:
:laugh:
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No no no, ''it does ring a bell'' means it sounds familiar, as in frog and hammer costume existing in Super Mario Bros. 3 sounds familiar if my memory serves me right.

I think the language barrier got in the way of that one
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Odyssey is my favourite Mario and Switch game.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(...)
I think the language barrier got in the way of that one
Oh, I am not so familiar with English idiomatic phrases. Finally the confusion is cleared. Do we agree that Super Mario Bros. 3 has the best and most useful items?

(Original post by Sabertooth)
:laugh:
You know the meaning of the phrase from the very beginning, aren't you?
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh, I am not so familiar with English idiomatic phrases. Finally the confusion is cleared. Do we agree that Super Mario Bros. 3 has the best and most useful items?
It's cool man, don't worry about it

Not sure, I'll have to think on that one.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's cool man, don't worry about it

Not sure, I'll have to think on that one.
I think that is something special in Super Mario Bros. 3: in the most Mario games before and even after, there were just the mushroom to let Mario grow, the flower to give Mario the skill to shot fire balls and the star to make him invincible for a short while - and maybe the feather to fly in the sky, that's it!

In this sense a frog costume to swim in water elegantly and to through hammers by using the hammer item is an unconventional idea to 'upgrade' Mario and Luigi as playable characters.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think that is something special in Super Mario Bros. 3: in the most Mario games before and even after, there were just the mushroom to let Mario grow, the flower to give Mario the skill to shot fire balls and the star to make him invincible for a short while - and maybe the feather to fly in the sky, that's it!

In this sense a frog costume to swim in water elegantly and to through hammers by using the hammer item is an unconventional idea to 'upgrade' Mario and Luigi as playable characters.
Was the Tanooki costume in the original? Or did that originate in Super Mario Bros. 3 as well?
-erikaka-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My fav Mario game probably has to be Super Mario Galaxy, mainly because I played it when I was younger and I really love how it takes place in space! <3
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Super Mario 3D World :woo:
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Was the Tanooki costume in the original? Or did that originate in Super Mario Bros. 3 as well?
The tanooki costume existed in the game, that is right. But I don't know it was the first game with it, but I am sure it was.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The tanooki costume existed in the game, that is right. But I don't know it was the first game with it, but I am sure it was.
Yeah I just looked it up, you're right.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably Super Mario 3D World. I know literally no one had a Wii U but that game was perfection. While linear, it was focused and it was super fun to complete. I recommend it when the Switch port comes out
Last edited by CosmicApathy1; 1 month ago
absam1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My favourite new super mario bros DS because of the nostalgia i get from playing that game. I used to play that game back in 2009 to 2010 and i LOVED it and still do. its between that and galaxy 2 also because of the nostalgia. Any cobanermani fans here??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.26%
Virtual campus tours/open days (120)
23.35%
Live streaming events (46)
8.95%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (50)
9.73%
A uni comparison tool (120)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise