What predicted grades do you need to get into Tiffin Sixth Form for 2021 entry?

Watch
Dinda Academy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Here are my predicted Grades in best 8 subjects:
Maths = 7
English Language = 7
Biology = 8
Chemistry = 8
Geography = 8
Physics = 7
English Literature = 7
Computer Science = 7

They said the minimum entry requirement to get a chance in their sixth form is a total point score of 54 or higher in best 8 GCSE subjects and a 5 in Maths and English Language. Do you think I stand a chance with these predicted grades or no chance at all in getting a conditional offer?

How do they calculate the GCSE point score in best 8 subjects? Do they double maths and English or do they keep it single?
Last edited by Dinda Academy; 1 month ago
arunamlle24
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
mate I'm gonna be brutally honest, you have no chance as a current student at tiffin i can tell you all the new people that join have a minimum of 5 grade 9s
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
(Original post by arunamlle24)
mate I'm gonna be brutally honest, you have no chance as a current student at tiffin i can tell you all the new people that join have a minimum of 5 grade 9s
Thanks for letting me know.
Toastant
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dinda Academy)
Thanks for letting me know.
I'm a current student at Tiffin boys as well. We are expected to get mostly 9s and some 8s. Although for already-tiffin students the requirement for sixth form are only 5s or 6s I believe, it's a lot harder for other students to join because the competition is high for our sixth form
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toastant)
I'm a current student at Tiffin boys as well. We are expected to get mostly 9s and some 8s. Although for already-tiffin students the requirement for sixth form are only 5s or 6s I believe, it's a lot harder for other students to join because the competition is high for our sixth form
Wait you ONLY NEEDS 5s and 6s whaaaaaaaaat!
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
Wait so what is your total GCSE point score?
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
You need a total grade score of 54 to get in so what does the 5 in maths and English Language apply to?
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
How do they calculate your total grade score anyway? Do they double maths and English or keep it single?
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
You need a total grade score of 54 so how is that only 5s and 6s. I don't understand ????. Grade score of 54 is like 77777766 minimum not 5555555 etc.
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
Do they mean your admission score because I typed mine in and its like 73?
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
https://fs22.formsite.com/HillsRoadS...jwj/index.html. Go on this website and type in all your predicted grades. I got 73? I thought it was just 59 as its (7 x 5) + (8 x 3) = 35 + 24 = 59.
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
So can you give me an example of a total grade score of 54 please as 8 best GCSE grades if that's ok?
Dinda Academy
Rep:
?
Your sixth form said you need a 5 in Maths and English Language. Does that count though or not because there is no way a 5 can get you a total grade score of 54 (minimum entry requirements). It has to be either 7s or 8s.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So can you give me an example of a total grade score of 54 please as 8 best GCSE grades if that's ok?
Is this the right school? http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/sixthform/admissions.html

Read the admissions policy ... if there are too many applications from external canidates then you need to see how they decide who to take
Toastant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dinda Academy That's a lot of messages haha.

Our entry requirement for Tiffin Sixth Form (as current tiffinian) is:
- At least a grade 5 in English Language and Mathematics
-Currently a score of 54 in their best 8 GCSES (average score of 6.75) but this is reviewed on an annual basis and may increase

The Maths and English are just additional requirements, I suppose, and if you're suitable for tiffin and you don't meet those requirements, you really should look elsewhere. The entry examinations to get into the school is harder than Foundation Maths papers.

I would assume Maths and English languages would count in your best 8 GCSEs. So if you got a 9 in maths, for example, you'd meet the Maths requirement and have that grade counted towards your best 8 GCSEs (to added up)

Does that make sense?

It has to be either 7s or 8s.
Let's say someone takes 10 GCSEs, since if you're that bad at maths to get a 5 you would have been in bottom set and hence not doing further mathematics. Here's an example of grades:
Maths: 5
English Language: 5
English Literature: 9
Physics: 9
Chemistry: 9
Biology: 9
Geography: 9
History: 9
Art: 9
French: 9
8 best GCSEs = 9+9+9+9+9+9+9+9 = 72

https://fs22.formsite.com/HillsRoadS...jwj/index.html. Go on this website and type in all your predicted grades. I got 73? I thought it was just 59 as its (7 x 5) + (8 x 3) = 35 + 24 = 59.
I don't know what that school is doing but literally think Tiffin's requirements as two separate requirements. Don't overcomplicate it; clearly other people have understood it, I think you're overcomplicating it for yourself.
Last edited by Toastant; 1 month ago
Toastant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, there are a lot of applicants all the time so getting minimum requirements probably won't cut it.
tipexmaster25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by arunamlle24)
omg is that the school which dr frost maths guy works at

if it is tell him I said hi
Toastant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tipexmaster25)
omg is that the school which dr frost maths guy works at

if it is tell him I said hi
Yeah, he was my teacher in Year 7 or 8 I don't remember, and we do online school so even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to send it haha.
aesha_p
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, he was my teacher in Year 7 or 8 I don't remember, and we do online school so even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to send it haha.
luckyy, bruh imagine having dr frost as a teacher. also do you think for sixth form there is less competition for girls?
Toastant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aesha_p)
luckyy, bruh imagine having dr frost as a teacher. also do you think for sixth form there is less competition for girls?
no, equal chances. Only around 20% of the current sixth form are girls i would say and literally why would being a girl give u a better chance lmao
Last edited by Toastant; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.14%
No (619)
50.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed