Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi guys super random question but if you've had an interview are they meant to tell you if you've received a place in the interview??? or is there a chance they'll let you know afterwards? Does anyone know how long this process takes? ://
EliasAdams
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I had my interview mid December for a BA course and received an offer right after the interview. Not sure if this is always the case. The offer confirmation came through UCAS today.
Last edited by EliasAdams; 7 months ago
laiba03r
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by EliasAdams)
I had my interview mid December for a BA course and received an offer right after the interview. Not sure if this is always the case. The offer confirmation came through UCAS today.
can you tell me how the interview went? I have mine on Wed and I've been stressing so much about it!!
EliasAdams
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by laiba03r)
can you tell me how the interview went? I have mine on Wed and I've been stressing so much about it!!
Sure! Do you have any questions in particular?

It was way more relaxed than I expected. As long as you are very passionate about the subject which I am sure all UAL applicants are 😁 then you should feel comfortable answering the questions. They are keen to better understand your thought and creative process.
laiba03r
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

It was way more relaxed than I expected. As long as you are very passionate about the subject which I am sure all UAL applicants are 😁 then you should feel comfortable answering the questions. They are keen to better understand your thought and creative process.
really? can you list a bit of questions if you can remember? I did an interview before, i got so nervous that i jumbled my words and went bad
laiba03r
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

i don't know if I'm accidentally replying to you twice, but can you tell me the sort of questions they asked about? my previous interview didn't really go well so I'm scared that it doesn't happen again
EliasAdams
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
They asked me more about the work experience which I mentioned in my personal statement. The interviewer asked questions like how I worked on the projects and how were the companies involved in that process.

Technical questions were also asked such as what software I use for 3D models and what sort of prototyping machines do I have experience with.

The interviewer also asked what are my strengths and weaknesses and skills I aim to get out of the course.

I had an interview at another university for a similar program but the UAL one was way more relaxed and felt more of like a conversation. Hope this helps!
Borzoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
did you have to answer right after the offer if you are taking the offer or not? how much time do they give to accept or cancel the offer?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Borzoi)
did you have to answer right after the offer if you are taking the offer or not? how much time do they give to accept or cancel the offer?
i think on ucas it states that u only need to accept a uni offer once you've received replies from all ur choices so im guessing UAL would follow the ucas procedure? x
Jusstinspace
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i think on ucas it states that u only need to accept a uni offer once you've received replies from all ur choices so im guessing UAL would follow the ucas procedure? x
hey x,

how long after submitting your portfolio did you get an interview request x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jusstinspace)
hey x,

how long after submitting your portfolio did you get an interview request x
i submitted my portfolio in november then got an interview request in december xx
Jusstinspace
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i submitted my portfolio in november then got an interview request in december xx
congratulations!! you’ve gotten really far. Where you nervous beforehand
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jusstinspace)
congratulations!! you’ve gotten really far. Where you nervous beforehand
aww tysm! yes i was quite nervous but honestly the person who conducted my interview was super nice! i think everyone goes in thinking the course leaders / ppl interviewing r going to be super harsh but from my experience the lady i had was nice as im sure they all are xx
tiabotros
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I have an interview for interior design in Chelsea, super nervous any advice?
EliasAdams
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by tiabotros)
Hi, I have an interview for interior design in Chelsea, super nervous any advice?
Have a read over the course website and make sure to cover the points that they are looking for in students. Relate these back to your portfolio projects if possible. Also, don't over think the questions they ask. The questions are mainly about your work which you should be very familiar with 😁 Also, have another look at your personal statement. They may ask you questions from there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tiabotros)
hey i think chelsea / camberwell etc. tend to be less formal than maybe an interview at csm would be. I had an interview at camberwell and it was pretty much just going through my portfolio & then explaining why i wanted to study that course. might be different for everyone but id say make sure u can speak about ur portfolio thoroughly / know a lot about the course & ive seen a lot of ppl say they referred back to their personal statement A LOT. Also! best to have quite a few questions ready for the end of the interview, it just makes you more engaged if ur asking the interviewer questions too...even if u already know the answer lol. Good luck you'll honestly be just fine, its more of a conversation if i'm honest, very informal!
Betty Fleming
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
hey, I have an interview at Camberwell tomorrow for photography ba hons and im very nervous! does anyone know how long it might be? like 15 mins or half an hour?
thanks x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Betty Fleming)
hey, I have an interview at Camberwell tomorrow for photography ba hons and im very nervous! does anyone know how long it might be? like 15 mins or half an hour?
thanks x
hiii i had an interview at camberwell (not for photography so might differ) n it lasted for about 15-20 mins!
SkimmingLoyal
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey! I think it depends on who interviews you! I was offered a place in the interview but my friend who aslo got offered a place wasn't and the offer took about 4 weeks to go through to him via email/ucas?? If they haven't said anything I wouldn't worry, they probably will soon!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed