ril3yjordan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Has anyone else gotten into the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts? I just got an offer in Sound Technology and I'm really excited. I'd love to get in touch with anyone else attending, regardless of course. I am American btw.

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, LIPA doesn't have a category and I saw past years' LIPA posts in the JMU section)
Last edited by ril3yjordan; 4 months ago
MrGPro
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ril3yjordan)
Has anyone else gotten into the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts? I just got an offer in Sound Technology and I'm really excited. I'd love to get in touch with anyone else attending, regardless of course. I am American btw.

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, LIPA doesn't have a category and I saw past years' LIPA posts in the JMU section)
I have applied for a course of music technology and haven't got anything back yet but another place has accepted me just working on submitting recording material for kent and the audition for Liverpool Hope Uni but yeah
bigdtom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi there! Congratulations! I had an audition in December but haven't heard back yet from LIPA or Leeds Conservatoire. Had offers from RNCM and Trinity thought
JordyXJordy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’ve recently received an offer from Leeds Conservatoire so you shouldn’t have to wait that long!
jamesjump
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by bigdtom)
Hi there! Congratulations! I had an audition in December but haven't heard back yet from LIPA or Leeds Conservatoire. Had offers from RNCM and Trinity thought
any reply yet from lipa? im still waiting
bigdtom69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
nah not yet haha. just be patient i guess
freyap2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! We have a group chat for Leeds conservatoire applicants 2021 on snapchat, if you want to join, add me on snap: freyap1

(Original post by JordyXJordy)
I’ve recently received an offer from Leeds Conservatoire so you shouldn’t have to wait that long!
mnixon1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i just heard back yesterday for BA music !!
ril3yjordan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by mnixon1)
i just heard back yesterday for BA music !!
congrats! Assuming you are planning to go, what accommodation do you think you'll go with? I've booked Cathedral Campus
jmt07
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
yay well done! how long is it since you had your audition? just wondering how long i'm going to have to wait!
ril3yjordan
Rep:
?
(Original post by jmt07)
yay well done! how long is it since you had your audition? just wondering how long i'm going to have to wait!
I got a response 3 weeks after my audition, but from reading other posts on here it seems that was faster than usual
jmt07
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ril3yjordan)
I got a response 3 weeks after my audition, but from reading other posts on here it seems that was faster than usual
oh okay thank you! and congrats, which course are you going to be on?
ril3yjordan
Rep:
?
(Original post by jmt07)
oh okay thank you! and congrats, which course are you going to be on?
Sound tech, I was told they respond quicker
lh1122
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I got an offer yesterday for the management course haven't booked any accommodation yet.
jamesjump
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lh1122)
I got an offer yesterday for the management course haven't booked any accommodation yet.
same! the management course looks so fun, can't wait to meet everyone on it
ZacharyGoldman
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello!! This is great!! I have my interview in April and really want to get onto the course — do you have any advice for the interview at all? Thanks!
ZacharyGoldman
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jamesjump)
same! the management course looks so fun, can't wait to meet everyone on it
If you have any advice for the interview that would be awesome!! I have my interview next month
ZacharyGoldman
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lh1122)
Well done!! The course looks great - I have an interview in April, Do you have any advice on how it went and what I could do!! Really want to get onto the course!!
jamesjump
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ZacharyGoldman)
If you have any advice for the interview that would be awesome!! I have my interview next month
Hello! So the best tips would be
Show passion (brag about yourself dont be modest)
Show happiness to be in the interview
Ask questions and talk about examples of past work
Relax

I wish you luck!
ZacharyGoldman
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jamesjump)
Hello! So the best tips would be
Show passion (brag about yourself dont be modest)
Show happiness to be in the interview
Ask questions and talk about examples of past work
Relax

I wish you luck!
Thank you!!
I’m quite lucky, I missed the deadline But emailed the tutor for an interview so hopefully that shows I’m eager!! I only discovered this course existed a few months ago...can I ask, did you have much management experience and is this a deal breaker? Thanks again!! Hopefully see u in Sept!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed