Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok this is a really minor issue

So I was cleaning my room and I wanted to get rid of a old rug from my bedroom.

I put most of the junk in the Living-room for my dad to take to the dump. My dad noticed the bag with the rug and thought it was best to give it to my cat to sleep on. He wanted to clean it.

The problem is... When he took out the rug, loads of dust came out of it. Then he told ME!! to sweep the floor because of the mess. My dads excuse for not sweeping up the mess he caused was he was still working. I was also working too!! I didn't bother addressing this to my dad because he would put the blame on me.

I was very annoyed, growing up I was taught clean up after yourself- whatever mess you made clean it up. He treated me like crap like I'm worthless cause he owns a higher salary than me.

My dad made the mess and told me to clean it... Was this fair?? Advice and please be kind.. thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Considering it in isolation - no it’s not fair

Considering it with other factors such as the fact that your parents have provided for you your whole life, take care of you etc - yes it is fair 😂
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It doesnt have to be your mess, you should be expected to help out around the house every so often. Its not like he yelled at you for it.

Asking you to sweep up a pile of dirt is not 'treating you like crap', by the way :lol:
Last edited by LovelyMrFox; 4 weeks ago
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah it's fair. He's your dad, raised you, takes care of you, supports you, his house, his rules, have some respect and help out once in a while why don't you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Yeah it's fair. He's your dad, raised you, takes care of you, supports you, his house, his rules, have some respect and help out once in a while why don't you?
I give him the up most respect but he never respects me back- this is why i'm really annoyed. I believe respect works in both ways
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
He puts a roof over your head, the shirt on your back and food in your belly.
Yaseen_i3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would disagree with everyone else. I think if its a constant thing like that and not two way respect like you said then its not really fair.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The rug wouldn't have caused such a mess in the first place if you'd cleaned it and looked after it whilst it was in your room - yes, it's fair.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It was your rug, though, so your responsibility to keep it clean in the first place
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It was your rug, though, so your responsibility to keep it clean in the first place
username4748324
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you also cook a pasta dish for your family
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (392)
32.24%
No (824)
67.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise