The Student Room Group

Joint honours LLB or single Law?

I’m not sure whether to do Law with Politics (LLB) or just to do a single Law degree. Would doing a joint honours (still a qualifying law degree) put me at a disadvantage in comparison to those who have a single Law degree or not?
Original post by marnie.ss
I’m not sure whether to do Law with Politics (LLB) or just to do a single Law degree. Would doing a joint honours (still a qualifying law degree) put me at a disadvantage in comparison to those who have a single Law degree or not?

I had the same confusion last year. After going to open days and seminars it really comes down to your optional subjects for the law course, and your passion for politics and law. Instead of those elective subjects you’ll study politics modules, and all unis brought solved this question of do employers prefer someone with a dual degree or a basic law one and the teachers said doing a dual course doesn’t put you at any disadvantage it’s better to have something to be proficient at and have something to fall back into but in the end it boils down to our own personal needs. Both things have their own pros and cons. You can try looking for the recording of the Manchester law seminar for more information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending