Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

This may sound like a really dumb question but I was wondering when / how do final year students get their results? Do they get them at graduation? Or are they emailed / online? If so, how long before graduation?

Thanks so much in advance!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,

This may sound like a really dumb question but I was wondering when / how do final year students get their results? Do they get them at graduation? Or are they emailed / online? If so, how long before graduation?

Normally a day or two after the summer exam board.
You'll get the normal email with end of year results but they'll be an extra bit with your final classification.
ER141
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

Depends on the university I imagine, but I can tell you that I got mine by email on the 22nd June, which I think was exactly a month before graduation. This was before covid so that didn't interrupt anything. The actual degree certificate will be given to you at graduation, or posted to you if you are unable to attend or if the ceremony is cancelled because of covid. For my masters most people got their certificate in the post (because covid) 3 months after handing in their final bit of work.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ER141)
Depends on the university I imagine, but I can tell you that I got mine by email on the 22nd June, which I think was exactly a month before graduation. This was before covid so that didn't interrupt anything. The actual degree certificate will be given to you at graduation, or posted to you if you are unable to attend or if the ceremony is cancelled because of covid. For my masters most people got their certificate in the post (because covid) 3 months after handing in their final bit of work.
Thank you so much! I’m currently in 2nd year so I’m hoping that by the time I graduate I’ll actually be able to have a graduation 🤞🏼 Also do all the lecturers attend graduation or is it just the more senior lecturers / staff?
ER141
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much! I’m currently in 2nd year so I’m hoping that by the time I graduate I’ll actually be able to have a graduation 🤞🏼 Also do all the lecturers attend graduation or is it just the more senior lecturers / staff?
I don't remember seeing lecturers at my graduation but I'm not certain. I was in the student section, so they may have been around and I just didn't see them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.14%
No (619)
50.86%

Watched Threads