LeahGrace1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am hoping to do four a levels, I am definite on studying maths, chemistry and film studies, but stuck between psychology, history and biology as a fourth option. I am indecisive on a particular career path, but I'm interested in marketing, please someone help!?
summerhaze
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I took psychology and quickly regretted it. There is a lot of copying from textbooks.
zaladman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A level biology is something I regret in life. Fun to learn about but honestly not something I would wanna be examined on.
username5490852
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ultimately it’s your decision. We cannot choose for you.

Do you study all 3 of these options now? If so, how’d you like them now? Is there one that you enjoy more? Surely that’s an indication it may be a good choice. But also keep in mind that universities don’t look at your 4th result I believe, they’re only interested in 3. So there’s the whole question of whether you would be better off taking 3 a-levels and getting good grades, or whether you’d be capable of the 4. But ultimately it’s your decision. Follow your heart.
yk280
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing biology and it's the most work of any of my subjects by far!! - purely in terms of memorisation, conceptually it's not too difficult. In combination with Chemistry it would leave a lot of options open should you change your mind degree wise.

History - really fascinating, fun lessons.

Psychology - more work than everyone expects lol. Apparently loads of case studies.

How about starting with four and dropping the one you like least in September?
De Montfort University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,
I'm Marta All of these subjects are very interesting! I studied Advertising and Marketing Communications at DMU as my undergrad. Perhaps doing some research into Marketing courses will help you make this choice. Most universities should accept any mix of A-Levels for Marketing and most of other, business-related courses if you change your mind about what you want to do. However, more creative marketing course, such as some Advertising degrees, may require you to have Art and Design, Media or a portfolio, so it may be worth to look around! It will also give you an idea of what path within Marketing you want to take. If you're already set on A-Levels Media, you may find the "more creative" side of Marketing more interesting!

Additionally, a Business A-Level (if it's available to you) may give you an idea of what it will be like to study a marketing-related degree. If it's not an option for you, there's no need to worry! Most universities have year one designed to bring everyone on the same level - those who did a Business A-Level and those who didn't!

I also agree with people above regarding four subjects. You can always drop one A-Level, and AS still gives you some UCAS points, but think whether it will not stretch your time too wide.

Hope that helps a little!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LeahGrace1)
I am hoping to do four a levels, I am definite on studying maths, chemistry and film studies, but stuck between psychology, history and biology as a fourth option. I am indecisive on a particular career path, but I'm interested in marketing, please someone help!?
Which do you enjoy most and think you will get the best grade in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.18%
No (618)
50.82%

Watched Threads