The Student Room Group

Second degree

Hi, I’m about to graduate with a degree in criminology and sociology. What my question is, if I was to go on and do nursing and social work as a second degree, what financial help would I get(tuition/maintenance loan) if any
Thank you
You need to decide between nursing (and choose a pathway) and social work first. They’re very different jobs and careers

Funding is available for both as second degrees or through a postgraduate study route but it depends on the exact course what’s available.
Reply 2
Thank you. Nursing and social work is a duel honours at my current uni it’s a 4 year course. I was just wondering as a second degree whether or not I’d be entitled to the tuition and maintenance loan
Original post by Jodiehamp
Thank you. Nursing and social work is a duel honours at my current uni it’s a 4 year course. I was just wondering as a second degree whether or not I’d be entitled to the tuition and maintenance loan

You'll need to ask the university concerned if it's classed as exempt. Nursing is and social work is eligible for funding as a masters course so a combined course might be different.

Quick Reply

Latest