IzobelloJam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a year 12 and been doing some general research on uni's. I happened to find a course at Cambridge (Human, Social and Political Sciences) that I really liked. I had no intentions of applying to Oxbridge nor any particular interest in any other uni course I'd seen prior to this, though I could definitely get the grades for it.

What else can I do between now and application time to boost my chances of getting in? Also anything I should know in general about Oxbridge application process?
Dillt2003
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IzobelloJam)
I'm a year 12 and been doing some general research on uni's. I happened to find a course at Cambridge (Human, Social and Political Sciences) that I really liked. I had no intentions of applying to Oxbridge nor any particular interest in any other uni course I'd seen prior to this, though I could definitely get the grades for it.

What else can I do between now and application time to boost my chances of getting in? Also anything I should know in general about Oxbridge application process?
With the application process for history, I had to sit an admissions assessment, an interview, submit an essay, and now I'm waiting to hear back from Cambridge on Monday. I'm not sure if HSPS requires an assessment or an essay, but info will be on the page.

I recommend applying to summer schools, if you're eligible: Sutton Trust, UNIQ, etc. They are really good sorts of things to mention on your personal statement.

Most importantly, make sure you are getting top grades!

Read around your respective subject, listen to podcasts, etc. Do anything you can to demonstrate you've a wider interest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.81%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.23%
Live streaming events (52)
7.98%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.05%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.47%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.47%