Report 1 month ago
What did you contact them about?
Why did you use a fake postcode?
richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Because they are not my mp and will not respond to anyone that doesn’t live in their area
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by richard10012)
Could I go to prison
That's so incredibly unlikely. If its not as part of a fraud or other criminal action then I can see neither the point or the harm in what you've done. Why do you want a reply from an mp other than yours anyway?
martin7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because they are not my mp and will not respond to anyone that doesn’t live in their area
The job of an MP is to represent their constituents. It's not an MP's job to represent other MPs constituents. So it's only appropriate to contact your own MP.

The most you can hope for if you contact another MP is that they'll politely direct you to contact your own MP.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Who was the MP?
richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have asked my MP but he is very useless and just sends a very generic reply back. I wanted to contact Michael Gove
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Could I go to prison
I doubt you’d to prison unless the contents of the letter were in some way implications to a crime.
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have asked my MP but he is very useless and just sends a very generic reply back. I wanted to contact Michael Gove
... And you really think that would be in any way effective....?
lilystoneham
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd suggest ringing your actual MP or writing a letter. When I worked for an MP these methods seemed to get the most personalised responses. You won't go to prison, and seeing as Michael Gove is a high profile minister, lying about your postcode won't be an issue. That being said, be more diligent in contacting your own MP, as they will definitely be able to help you more than a very busy government minister.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why do you want to contact them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads