Does anyone still feel sad about not getting into Oxbridge

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Does anyone still feel sad about not getting into Oxbridge even after having gone to another university? I still feel disappointed that I allowed my nerves to ruin my Oxford interviews Its been 2 years and I'm not fully over it, as it was my dream uni
Anonymous #1
I know this isn't the most important thing in the world, I just wanted to see if there are other people who get rejected from oxbridge, go onto another university and still have an underlying sense of disappointment?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you in uni now? Why didn't you take a gap year and reapply if it meant that much to you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are you in uni now? Why didn't you take a gap year and reapply if it meant that much to you?
I'm already at another university, I'm in my second year of a three year course so there's no point reapplying. I will hopefully apply for a masters. Tbh I didn't reapply because I didn't want to put my life on hold if there were no guarantees of me getting in a second time you know?
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Be fortunate in want you have currently.

Oxford is not for everyone.

Seriously i didnt even bother applying simply because my grades for my UCAS Predicted and GCSEs are no where near to what they want from a succesful applicant.

To me personally, it is the course that i am most interested in getting an offer from somewhere rather than that brand value thr uni will give me.

For me my target has been to get a succesfull indepedent job and be independent.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oxford isn't for everyone, nor is it the be-all-and-end-all. If you got to the interview stage at Oxford, then you are most likely doing very well at another highly-ranked uni (or are at least in a highly-ranked department for your subject area) :yep: Your success beyond uni is in your hands, not your uni's. There are very few career paths in which going to Oxbridge would give you a notable advantage over strong candidates from other top unis.

It's also worth bearing in mind that not everyone from Oxford comes out with a good degree classification, or their mental health intact. Indeed, a few people go into Oxford but don't leave the place alive So the grass is not always as green as it looks on the other side of the fence :nah:

If talking to someone who had a terrible time at Oxford might help change your perspective on your own life, do feel free to PM me, OP :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (114)
52.05%
No (105)
47.95%

Watched Threads