How to get a grade 7-9 in gcse geography

Watch
Nasiha0912
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The title says it all but I just basically need an idea of how to revise for it and what websites, youtubers or books I should use
fallagain
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
revise processes and do practice questions, especially for 9 markers. geography is basically just a memory test so flashcards r great!
Nasiha0912
Rep:
?
(Original post by fallagain)
revise processes and do practice questions, especially for 9 markers. geography is basically just a memory test so flashcards r great!
Thanks for the advice😊
aZm16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nasiha0912)
The title says it all but I just basically need an idea of how to revise for it and what websites, youtubers or books I should use
So when I revised geography, I loved making my own notes. For me geography was very visual like biology and then had some wordy questions. Flashcards are good, exam questions and timing- I cannot stress how important timing is- I always found myself running out of time but with practice ma s’more tests I become better- practice this and you can get those extra marks- an even jump a grade!😁😆
isabelmarant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got a 9 in GCSE geography - make sure you keep up to date with notes throughout the year because of how spread out GCSEs are in terms of learning time (e.g. I started the course in year 9 and finished in year 11). You should make sure any case studies you need to know (check your spec!) have very detailed notes and you've sorted your case studies into categories (e.g. human, physical, developed developing emerging country etc).
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Learn your case studies inside out! Seneca learning was good for this, if you’re on AQA then the primrose kitten summary videos are also good
jade088
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Learn ur case studies and examples, I'd recommend flashcards. And then learn how to structure ur answers especially w/ the higher mark questions. Seneca is a good website alsoo.
CaitlinDeCat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I basically wrote a whole set of brief notes for the course along with my classwork. So I ended up with a 200-page display folder of revision notes. The other big thing is just practising questions so you can answer almost any topic that comes up. Maybe watch a couple of documentaries about your big case studies too.

I got a 9 in geography, though I never found it as stressful as getting a 9 in history on the content front. I think you just need to have a good understanding of local and global issues, to be honest. It's more important to read around geography than other subjects.
username5490852
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make sure you know your case studies! Flashcard them, mindmap them etc.

Practice! Use past exam papers. Stick to the timings best you can as this will give you the best insight to how you’d perform in a real exam. Once completed, mark it. For answers you got incorrect / didn’t know. Make a note of and revise the appropriate subject area again.
Nasiha0912
Rep:
?
(Original post by aZm16)
So when I revised geography, I loved making my own notes. For me geography was very visual like biology and then had some wordy questions. Flashcards are good, exam questions and timing- I cannot stress how important timing is- I always found myself running out of time but with practice ma s’more tests I become better- practice this and you can get those extra marks- an even jump a grade!😁😆
Thanks. I will definitely start using flashcards and doing practise questions.🙂
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
be nice to your teachers
Nasiha0912
Rep:
?
(Original post by isabelmarant)
I got a 9 in GCSE geography - make sure you keep up to date with notes throughout the year because of how spread out GCSEs are in terms of learning time (e.g. I started the course in year 9 and finished in year 11). You should make sure any case studies you need to know (check your spec!) have very detailed notes and you've sorted your case studies into categories (e.g. human, physical, developed developing emerging country etc).
Thank you. The only problem with this is that im not really up to date with the work as lockdown has got me going crazy. Congrats on your grade😁
Nasiha0912
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Learn your case studies inside out! Seneca learning was good for this, if you’re on AQA then the primrose kitten summary videos are also good
Thanks, i'll check out primrose kitten and I've heard about seneca so i will probably start using it!
Nasiha0912
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaitlinDeCat)
I basically wrote a whole set of brief notes for the course along with my classwork. So I ended up with a 200-page display folder of revision notes. The other big thing is just practising questions so you can answer almost any topic that comes up. Maybe watch a couple of documentaries about your big case studies too.

I got a 9 in geography, though I never found it as stressful as getting a 9 in history on the content front. I think you just need to have a good understanding of local and global issues, to be honest. It's more important to read around geography than other subjects.
Thanks, i'll start watching some documentaries. Well done on your grade👏
Prateek Gupta_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GCSE Geography is piss easy. Just revise. I got a 7 with no revision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed