The Student Room Group

My teeth have slightly moved and my retainers are loose

I got my braces off 6 months ago and have worn my retainers but my teeth have slightly moved because of the few days that I didn’t wear them as they hurt too much. Could this be fixed with a new, tighter retainer?
Original post by Anonymous
I got my braces off 6 months ago and have worn my retainers but my teeth have slightly moved because of the few days that I didn’t wear them as they hurt too much. Could this be fixed with a new, tighter retainer?

If you have been wearing your retainers for 6 months, they shouldn't be hurting your teeth too much. If possible, I would go to see your dentist to see everything is ok.
The reason your retainers hurt is because you haven’t been wearing them. You should be wearing them for the instructed amount of time or your teeth will move and you will most likely have to pay to get your teeth straightened again. You need to see your orthodontist about this.
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
The reason your retainers hurt is because you haven’t been wearing them. You should be wearing them for the instructed amount of time or your teeth will move and you will most likely have to pay to get your teeth straightened again. You need to see your orthodontist about this.

choppppppppppppppppppppppppp:biggrin:
Original post by King Goldie
choppppppppppppppppppppppppp:biggrin:

Goldieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :jumphug:
Goldieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :jumphug:

your the dentist queen:u:
Original post by King Goldie
your the dentist queen:u:

Noooo, that’s Meso :lol:
Noooo, that’s Meso :lol:

your wanted on another thread by me and bubbles:biggrin:

Can confirm this is true ^
If you get new retainers without re-straightening your teeth, they’ll just conform to the position your teeth are in now. If your teeth have moved, the only way to get them straight again is to undergo orthodontic treatment again.

Quick Reply

Latest