katnix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi ,
As the post states above England is planning on giving everyone who tests positive for covid a Cash payment of £500. Is this a good thing or bad thing.
mabinogian
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would think it's a good thing, there are plenty of people whose lives would be disrupted if they had to isolate for two weeks because they had COVID. If they have a job where they can't work from home they might not get paid as much, being ill might also cost people money if they have to buy OTC medicines and stuff, so I think it's a good thing, it's not like anyone can really abuse it since you can't really fake a positive test
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The government have firmly denied they are going to make these payments so it is looking like a certainty.

It's good. If you have twork to survive, being paid to stay at home can only be a good thing. That said, I'm staring at 10 days of isolation and it is a grim thought.
katnix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
The government have firmly denied they are going to make these payments so it is looking like a certainty.

It's good. If you have twork to survive, being paid to stay at home can only be a good thing. That said, I'm staring at 10 days of isolation and it is a grim thought.
There haven't denied anything they are really planning on giving people that are self isolating for covid-19 £500. Can you please send me the link to where you read this source that the government is planning on not giving a cash payment of £500 to people self isolating with covid-19. Its only for England they are planning on doing this for and Matt Hancock said they are planning on doing this. It was revealed in a leaked government proposal and plan.
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by katnix)
There haven't denied anything they are really planning on giving people that are self isolating for covid-19 £500. Can you please send me the link to where you read this source that the government is planning on not giving a cash payment of £500 to people self isolating with covid-19. Its only for England they are planning on doing this for and Matt Hancock said they are planning on doing this. It was revealed in a leaked government proposal and plan.
"Covid-19: No plans for universal £500 self-isolation payment, No 10 says"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55760467
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%