apling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm interested in trying to become a mental health nurse student (the apprenticeship) in the Royal Navy, but coming from and inactive past (almost no physical exercise) it most certainly won't be easy. If anyone could give some advice or top tips on exercising and alternative exercises for swimming (because no pools due to lockdown), that would be most appreciated.
Any general tips for the application and definitely the interview would also massively help.
AscendingWings
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by apling)
I'm interested in trying to become a mental health nurse student (the apprenticeship) in the Royal Navy, but coming from and inactive past (almost no physical exercise) it most certainly won't be easy. If anyone could give some advice or top tips on exercising and alternative exercises for swimming (because no pools due to lockdown), that would be most appreciated.
Any general tips for the application and definitely the interview would also massively help.
There are many military fitness programmes available online, for example, the RAF have a 'Fit for Action' 12 week programme designed to get applicants fit. I'm sure the Navy will have something similar?

'RAF Fit for Action' is a good place to start if nothing else.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
check out pe with Joe on youtube
apling
Rep:
?
(Original post by AscendingWings)
There are many military fitness programmes available online, for example, the RAF have a 'Fit for Action' 12 week programme designed to get applicants fit. I'm sure the Navy will have something similar?

'RAF Fit for Action' is a good place to start if nothing else.
Thank you so much, this has been so so useful!
apling
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
check out pe with Joe on youtube
Will do, thank you!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
'General tips' is a massive subject. There is plenty of discussion on interviews in here and the applying for a job forum; do a search and you'll need to ask something a bit more specific (within the rules, of course).
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by apling)
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...et-fit-to-join
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (402)
52.21%
No (368)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise