Manip01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm asking this question because I'm currently 1 mark off a grade 8 in English Language under the WJEC exam board.
I need one mark on paper 2 English Language for my grade to go up would any of you say it's worth it?
Is there a chance of me going up that 1 mark/ grade above?
PS: I'm paying for the remark myself instead of my school! (Hence why I'm worried and asking)
Last edited by Manip01; 4 weeks ago
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes go for it. Will your school pay for it?
Tsrtingz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly yes go for it, my friend was in a similar position with 1 mark off and got a grade higher! I’m also with wjec
SparkleFace
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep!!! I had a lower chance and was a mark away from an 8 in physics.
They added in two marks in the end
Manip01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by wizkid44)
Yes go for it. Will your school pay for it?
Thanks for the reply and no I'm paying for it myself!
Manip01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tsrtingz)
Honestly yes go for it, my friend was in a similar position with 1 mark off and got a grade higher! I’m also with wjec
That's so good! Have you heard anything about WJEC with their marking? And did your friend go up the 1 mark or more?
etohin
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Manip01)
I'm asking this question because I'm currently 1 mark off a grade 8 in English Language under the WJEC exam board.
I need one mark on paper 2 English Language for my grade to go up would any of you say it's worth it?
do it. i was one mark off a nine for classical civilisations and got a remark and ended up with a nine. it's well worth a shot.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes and no. My school for some reason sent all of our papers for a remark even if we weren't close to a grade boundary (weird I know). I went up a grade for two subjects but down a grade for another so only do it if you're really close to a HIGHER grade
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply and no I'm paying for it myself!
No problem! And Oof. I know they can be a bit expensive but if you can, defo do it!!
Manip01
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Yes and no. My school for some reason sent all of our papers for a remark even if we weren't close to a grade boundary (weird I know). I went up a grade for two subjects but down a grade for another so only do it if you're really close to a HIGHER grade
Yeah, I get what you mean! And weird school haha I'm 1 mark off the next boundary and around 15 off the grade boundary beneath me so doubt I will get downgraded by an add 15 marks.
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, I get what you mean! And weird school haha I'm 1 mark off the next boundary and around 15 off the grade boundary beneath me so doubt I will get downgraded by an add 15 marks.
I hope it goes well for you (and I'm sure you won't lose 15 marks )
iFlops
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
PS: I'm paying for the remark myself instead of my school! (Hence why I'm worried and asking)
In my experience, it was. I was 1 mark off a grade 7 for physics and after the remark, got it. Plus, you've got a better chance of moving up a grade because of how subjective english language gcse is.
Manip01
Rep:
?
(Original post by wizkid44)
No problem! And Oof. I know they can be a bit expensive but if you can, defo do it!!
Yeah, they are low-key expensive like £40.00 for one paper is just peng! I hope I get that one mark I need for the higher grade and for my own money back!
Manip01
Rep:
?
(Original post by iFlops)
In my experience, it was. I was 1 mark off a grade 7 for physics and after the remark, got it. Plus, you've got a better chance of moving up a grade because of how subjective english language gcse is.
That's good! And yeah true but I am skeptical/worried that I'm not gonna get the grade above because that remark is getting sent off from my own money!
Manip01
Rep:
?
I hope it goes well for you (and I'm sure you won't lose 15 marks )
Thank you so much! I pray or else my £40.00 is out the window
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much! I pray or else my £40.00 is out the window
I'll pray for you too
Manip01
Rep:
?
(Original post by etohin)
do it. i was one mark off a nine for classical civilisations and got a remark and ended up with a nine. it's well worth a shot.
ooo well done! And I'm worried I won't get the 1 mark I need but thank you!
Manip01
Rep:
?
I'll pray for you too
Aw, thank you!
iFlops
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's good! And yeah true but I am skeptical/worried that I'm not gonna get the grade above because that remark is getting sent off from my own money!
Yeah, fair enough. I needed the grade 7 for physics a level, but a grade 7 to 8 might not be worth it if you have to pay - just consider how much it would affect your uni applications/a levels.
Manip01
Rep:
?
(Original post by iFlops)
Yeah, fair enough. I needed the grade 7 for physics a level, but a grade 7 to 8 might not be worth it if you have to pay - just consider how much it would affect your uni applications/a levels.
okay yeah, I get you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (241)
51.72%
No (225)
48.28%

Watched Threads