Can I pass a module with only passing 50% of the module?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
For one of my modules I had two assessment where one was worth 50% of the module and I got a 2:1 with 65% however I did not submit the other assessment which was worth the other 50% , I was unable to do it because my mental health has been in the gutter during this lockdown, lost my grandad and all motivation was out the window

I’m wondering if I could pass that module with only that one assessment? Or will I resit it? (If I need to resit would that be in timed exam format or a submission essay?) I really don’t want to resit it though 😩

Thank you in advance
meowthesadcat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi
For one of my modules I had two assessment where one was worth 50% of the module and I got a 2:1 with 65% however I did not submit the other assessment which was worth the other 50% , I was unable to do it because my mental health has been in the gutter during this lockdown, lost my grandad and all motivation was out the window

I’m wondering if I could pass that module with only that one assessment? Or will I resit it? (If I need to resit would that be in timed exam format or a submission essay?) I really don’t want to resit it though 😩

Thank you in advance
Could you not ask for an extension or extenuating circumstances? im pretty sure most universities are being lenient on this atm.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by meowthesadcat)
Could you not ask for an extension or extenuating circumstances? im pretty sure most universities are being lenient on this atm.
I did get a week extension cus I though I was able to do it if I had more time but unfortunately there’s a lot going on right now that I just can’t do this assessment at the moment
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
you can use this grade calculator to find out.

https://unigradecalc.com/

based on what you said you have a 33 percent atm (sorry ). you'll have to resit if that's possible or submit a PEC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.7%
Virtual campus tours/open days (114)
23.36%
Live streaming events (44)
9.02%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (47)
9.63%
A uni comparison tool (111)
22.75%
An in-person event when available (110)
22.54%