Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, friends.
I am a 16 yr old with a extended family of 15 people. My 3 older sisters are married, yet they find the need to come to my parent's house every single day with their spouses and children. The problem is, they show up and just sit in the living room the entire day. It makes me very angry, as I have 90% of the household's responsibilities on me. I have college and it is really hard for me to keep up with studies while they command me to set the table, wash the dishes, sweep and mop etc. I feel like a servant every time they yell my name and command me to do some new chore for them. I hate how they always make a mess & leave it for me to clean up, I've cried plenty of times over it. It's a cycle everyday. Even when I do get time off for myself, my mum will call me every 20 minutes or tell me to sit in the living room for some "family time". If my parents were a bit appreciative maybe I wouldn't be ranting however, they have a very sharp and rude attitude regardless of all the work I do in the house. I really want an escape from such a suffocating life. is this normal or is it just me?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, friends.
I am a 16 yr old with a extended family of 15 people. My 3 older sisters are married, yet they find the need to come to my parent's house every single day with their spouses and children. The problem is, they show up and just sit in the living room the entire day. It makes me very angry, as I have 90% of the household's responsibilities on me. I have college and it is really hard for me to keep up with studies while they command me to set the table, wash the dishes, sweep and mop etc. I feel like a servant every time they yell my name and command me to do some new chore for them. I hate how they always make a mess & leave it for me to clean up, I've cried plenty of times over it. It's a cycle everyday. Even when I do get time off for myself, my mum will call me every 20 minutes or tell me to sit in the living room for some "family time". If my parents were a bit appreciative maybe I wouldn't be ranting however, they have a very sharp and rude attitude regardless of all the work I do in the house. I really want an escape from such a suffocating life. is this normal or is it just me?
Sweetie this is not normal :/
Fox Hound
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, friends.
Hey, sorry to hear that, what you're going through is definitely not normal. Have you tried explaining the situation to your parents or your sisters? Maybe they don't realise what they're putting you through since they are probably preoccupied with all of the kids, spouses and parents. Try talking to them and I'm sure they'll realise how hard it is for you. They should hopefully help you out after that.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Chores and family time are to be expected. Setting the table, doing the dishes, and sweeping once a day should take you half an hour all together, its not asking for much. If you are overwhelmed or annoyed with their attitude however, you should speak to your mum privately about it.
We can see that you replied to yourself, by the way... :facepalm2:
abislover
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, friends.
Pm me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Chores and family time are to be expected. Setting the table, doing the dishes, and sweeping once a day should take you half an hour all together, its not asking for much. If you are overwhelmed or annoyed with their attitude however, you should speak to your mum privately about it.
We can see that you replied to yourself, by the way... :facT
Yess lmao I just noticed that, Yikes
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
this doesn't sound normal
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yess lmao I just noticed that, Yikes
Which country are you in? We are in lockdown - no indoor visits
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.14%
No (236)
48.86%

Watched Threads