MooreMua
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Can everyone explain me why should i prefer to buy Apple Laptop instead of gaming MSI or Asus Predator, because seconds are too powerful and useful?
Last edited by MooreMua; 4 weeks ago
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MooreMua)
Can everyone explain me why should i prefer to buy Apple Laptop instead of gaming MSI or Asus Predator, because seconds are too powerful and useful?
Apple is regarded as more durable plus less susceptible to viruses.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because for anyone with no use for a graphics card or high core x86 processor, MacBooks could potentially be far more compelling options, especially the M1 variants.
Last edited by Gofre; 4 weeks ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They make my work easier, plus my work pays for them anyway lol. I'm just used to it. All the devs seem to be on Macs and Ubuntu servers these days.
AspiringMedic21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pick a Microsoft Surface book, it's like the best of both worlds. Really sleek and portable and powerful as well and can be used as a tablet. I would suggest getting one with dedicated graphic cards i.e GTX 1060 etc.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic21)
Pick a Microsoft Surface book, it's like the best of both worlds. Really sleek and portable and powerful as well and can be used as a tablet. I would suggest getting one with dedicated graphic cards i.e GTX 1060 etc.
It is also the worst of both worlds though, costing about as much as an equivalent laptop and tablet combined.
IlikeDonerKebab
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it depends what you need it for lol
AspiringMedic21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
It is also the worst of both worlds though, costing about as much as an equivalent laptop and tablet combined.
Yes but much better then some overpriced Apple laptop... If OP is looking for a Macbook style gaming machine then the top tier Surface book 3 models would do.
Sanitizer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your choices must depend on your own needs. If you are a avid gamer only, then Go for MSI with Ryzen CPU. AMD is a much better choice than an Intel these days. If you a casual laptop user just doing normal stuff such as watching YouTube videos and stuff, get the Apple normal, non M1 based laptop. Never buy any first generation products, as you will a beta tester for them, wait for the Apple M series chip to mature and get better support for native x86 apps which is yet to fixed by Apple's Rosetta translator. Now the choice is yours, choice wisely
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes but much better then some overpriced Apple laptop... If OP is looking for a Macbook style gaming machine then the top tier Surface book 3 models would do.
OP isn't really looking for anything, they're just trying to be edgy.

And as fun as the tech behind the SB line is, they are overpriced in of themselves- you need to spend two grand to get away from integrated graphics, and that only gets you a 1650 MaxQ. Somebody looking for a gaming machine with MacBook styling would not gravitate towards a Surface Book when there are far more reasonable alternatives that provide superior graphics horsepower and still with premium styling in a portable package.
onlytruejx68
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly, I'd rather just keep onto my Surface Pro and use the money I'd have spent on a Surface Book on a proper gaming PC. The price for the specs you're getting is way to high, and as a tablet, it's probably too big and heavy (my Surface Pro is already a little bit cumbersome, I can't imagine using something heavier), which defeats the purpose of getting one in the first place.
concernedLMAO
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
M1 macbooks are probably the best overall package of size, weight, screen, speakers, mics, performance, heat and battery life. Also nice how they work with other apple products.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sanitizer)
. Never buy any first generation products, as you will a beta tester for them
I feel bad for anyone who bought an NVIDIA Turing card when they first came out lol the definition of beta testing.
Sanitizer
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
I feel bad for anyone who bought an NVIDIA Turing card when they first came out lol the definition of beta testing.
True, but then everyone wants to ride that bandwagon Good things come to those who wait!
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
All my homies hate Apple
zackoryc0001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
All my homies hate Apple
what homies? you sound like a loner
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by zackoryc0001)
what homies? you sound like a loner
Wtf are you waffling about? it's the "all my homies hate" meme he's referencing you uncultured swine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (392)
32.26%
No (823)
67.74%

Watched Threads