does apa 7th style referencing always need volume and issue number?

Watch
manifesting
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
a few articles i am referencing does not have a volume and issue number, is it necessary in order for the reference to be correct?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by manifesting)
a few articles i am referencing does not have a volume and issue number, is it necessary in order for the reference to be correct?
Hiya manifesting!

I use APA 7th for referencing and sometimes struggle to find the issue number!

It's not always visible on the pdf version when you open up the article. However, I have found typing the article name into Google Scholar and then clicking on the html link itself that takes you to the articles website (e.g. Science Direct, Sage journals) then shows the articles volume and issue number. I always try in my references to include both the volume and issue number, but I have found with some journals that only a volume number is available. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes of searching for the article to find all of the information.

Sam- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.14%
No (619)
50.86%

Watched Threads